The obvious things here are that there's way too much reverb and the mix is really low end heavy, in other words it's muddy and boomy. Try to make the sound more dry, with so much echo it sounds way too distant. You could also double track the rhythm guitar to make it stronger.

And about the mix, try to cut some frequencies below 200Hz in the master mix. I actually downloaded the track and gave it a whopping low cut and it made it a lot more comprehensible. Can't do anything about the reverb though and it seems to be the bigger problem.

To sum up, use less reverb, double track and pan the rhythm guitars and reduce the low end. That's a start.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
The obvious things here are that there's way too much reverb and the mix is really low end heavy, in other words it's muddy and boomy. Try to make the sound more dry, with so much echo it sounds way too distant. You could also double track the rhythm guitar to make it stronger.

And about the mix, try to cut some frequencies below 200Hz in the master mix. I actually downloaded the track and gave it a whopping low cut and it made it a lot more comprehensible. Can't do anything about the reverb though and it seems to be the bigger problem.

To sum up, use less reverb, double track and pan the rhythm guitars and reduce the low end. That's a start.

Thanks a lot man. I applied you recommendations on my mixcraft project and i came up with this:

http://picosong.com/mSsH/

Don't you think it's a little too crunchy?
Don't know about crunchy, it's a lot better though. It still lacks a sense of space. Have you recorded two separate track and panned them hard left and hard right? And even though the first draft had way too much reverb I'd say that you can add some on the lead melody here.

The reason why this sounds so odd is that everything is kind of on top of each other. You should try to give every track some space via panning and individual EQing. Your tone is also not the best, what are you using for the recording?
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
Don't know about crunchy, it's a lot better though. It still lacks a sense of space. Have you recorded two separate track and panned them hard left and hard right? And even though the first draft had way too much reverb I'd say that you can add some on the lead melody here.

The reason why this sounds so odd is that everything is kind of on top of each other. You should try to give every track some space via panning and individual EQing. Your tone is also not the best, what are you using for the recording?

Im recording it through my POD HD 500. I haven't panned them left or right, should I do that? Do you mean I should pan both the Rhythm tracks hard left and the lead track hard right?

I lack understanding of EQ. I usually try to boost the lows and contain the highs. Otherwise I just set the 3 band EQ at 12 o clock.
Quote by danyal92
Im recording it through my POD HD 500. I haven't panned them left or right, should I do that? Do you mean I should pan both the Rhythm tracks hard left and the lead track hard right?

I lack understanding of EQ. I usually try to boost the lows and contain the highs. Otherwise I just set the 3 band EQ at 12 o clock.

Right, I have a POD HD as well and it's not that great. You could record two rhythm tracks, and pan one rhythm track left and the other right. Keep the lead at the middle. This makes the rhythm section massive while giving the lead room to breathe.

And no, don't boost the lows. Actually, do the exact opposite. The golden rule of EQ is that if you don't know what you're doing never boost anything. For a start, cut the low end to reduce mud and tighten the rhythm, and cut the highs enough to reduce harshness and fizz. Guitar lives in the middle frequencies, so don't cut those. Start with slight cuts at the absolute low and high ends and see if you like where it's going. Use reverb in moderation, a "room" setting is usually enough, unless you're after that space cave thing.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Quote by Kevätuhri
Right, I have a POD HD as well and it's not that great. You could record two rhythm tracks, and pan one rhythm track left and the other right. Keep the lead at the middle. This makes the rhythm section massive while giving the lead room to breathe.

And no, don't boost the lows. Actually, do the exact opposite. The golden rule of EQ is that if you don't know what you're doing never boost anything. For a start, cut the low end to reduce mud and tighten the rhythm, and cut the highs enough to reduce harshness and fizz. Guitar lives in the middle frequencies, so don't cut those. Start with slight cuts at the absolute low and high ends and see if you like where it's going. Use reverb in moderation, a "room" setting is usually enough, unless you're after that space cave thing.

Thanks a lot man. I finally got it down to this :

http://picosong.com/m6zj/

It still needs some tweeking. The problem is I can't pinpoint the exact problem when i'm recording. I guess I should look up some Mixing Tutorials.
Definitely. Youtube is your friend. Just make sure you're not overdoing the EQ, now I feel like you're lacking a bit of low end. It's much better though.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Quote by Kevätuhri
Definitely. Youtube is your friend. Just make sure you're not overdoing the EQ, now I feel like you're lacking a bit of low end. It's much better though.

Thanks a million man. I'll work on it a little more.