just had an idea wanted to know if anyone had done.
whats the possibility of plugging an electric guitar into a pre amp then into normal speakers? Any powering issues
I'm not sure what you mean by "normal" speakers? What are you using as a pre-amp and what are you using as an amplifier?
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by isaacsbate98
just had an idea wanted to know if anyone had done.
whats the possibility of plugging an electric guitar into a pre amp then into normal speakers? Any powering issues

There's not enough power to move the speakers. Preamps are what the name implies; "pre" the amplifier. You need some kind of power amplifier between the preamp and the speakers.

This can be accomplished by plugging your preamp into POWERED speakers, such as a powered recording monitor, a PA type speaker with a power amp built in, etc.
If you mean guitar-into-preamp-into-speaker cabinet, then no; it will not work. As others have said, the preamp does not have enough power to properly drive the speaker cabinet. You will get fizzle, at most.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
If you mean guitar-into-preamp-into-speaker cabinet, then no; it will not work. As others have said, the preamp does not have enough power to properly drive the speaker cabinet. You will get fizzle, at most.

Fizzle fo-shizzle!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

This is what I do:
Guitar -> Pedals -> Preamp -> Pedals -> Torpedo CAB -> Paradigm A2 Monitors.

Alternatively, you could replace most of this with something like a POD or Axe FX. You could also replace the monitors with another form of powered speaker or headphones (I also use my ATH-M50s for this).
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB