Have you ever jumped out of a plane? Was it in the air or just on the ground? Did you use a parachute? Did you survive the fall? Did you like it? These are all questions I'm asking you right now.

I'm going on holiday in a few weeks with two friends, and we've been considering going paragliding or skydiving, and now it looks like we're probably going to do the latter. I'm pretty damn excited. I like jumping out of/down from stuff.
land properly, if you don't you'll break your legs.

avoid trees and structures, they'll hurt and/or kill

remain calm and do not tense.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day

subtitle says it all.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96

subtitle says it all.

I know I shouldn't laugh at that but it looks like something out of an old looney tunes cartoon like a Wyl E Coyote type thing.
not going to lie jumping out of planes seems like the exact opposite thing one would want to do

I had a dream that I kept parachuting from a space station on the edge of the atmosphere though, it was pretty sweet.
So you would want to jump into planes? Seems a lot harder if you ask me.

I imagine I'll have some mixed feelings when I'm in the plane before I jump out, but just the idea of consciously stepping out of an airplane is so absurd that it's just something I really want to do.
Yes I have skydived.

Obviously it was a terrifying experience but I'm very glad that I did it. It's cliche but it's always been something I've been very curious to know what is like despite being afraid of heights.

Yet I didn't really feel all that afraid of how high I was above the ground. Because at 5000 feet, Your brain cannot grasp a sense of perspective of just how high up you are, so you don't really get that horrible acrophobic effect. When you're in freefall, the only way you can tell that you're falling is the wind rushing past you and not so much from seeing the ground accelerating towards you. There is so much other stuff going on in your mind such as the procedure of releasing your parachute that you're just too distracted by trying to stay alive to observe the scenery as you're falling. And in my case it was made even harder because as soon as I jumped out of the plane, I began pirouetting. I jumped out with a lot of force to stop me from hitting the tail of the plane as I exited, but the spinning that it created was really disorienting.

Releasing the parachute does buy you some time to observe the scenery while it lasts though. When I jumped, it was only snowing 15 minutes before and it was approaching the end of the day, so I was absolutely freezing. But I didn't care because I was doing something I always wanted to do and I was really proud of being able to conquer something that a lot of people can't.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 21, 2015,
Quote by So-Cal
is he kill?

survived the impact, but he died a few minutes later after vomiting up blood, possibly a symptom of the rapid pressure change.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by UltimateGuizar
Don't forget to shout: I can see my house from heeeeeeeeeeeere, like all good comedy movies from the 80's.

Good one! I'm gonna make a list with everything I want to shout.

So far I've got:
- I can see my house from heeeeeeeeeeeere
and
- This isn't where I parked my caaaaaaaaaaaaaaar
I would like to, just never got around to doing it.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
shout "Geronimo!" as you take the leap.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by UltimateGuizar
Don't forget to shout: I can see my house from heeeeeeeeeeeere, like all good comedy movies from the 80's.

Or, like the old Castlemaine XXXX ads, "I can see the pub from 'ere".
Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33510976
shout "Cowabunga" as you take the leap.

fixed
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Pastafarian96
shout "Geronimo!" as you take the leap.

Or wear a cheap Native American Indian fancy dress costume, and shout "me!"
I jumped out of a plane once

The transition was almost instantaneous but still slow enough to viscerally discern reality melting away
Definitely a highlight of my life
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Never have. Probably will. Without a parachute.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
There's a place out in Long Island where you go skydiving and as you fall you have a view of the city in the distance even thought it's an hour's drive away.

I really want to do it but it's a couple hundred dollars. But I want to make it happen. I want to spread my ethereal wings and fly.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I have about 1500 jumps. I haven't jumped in over 10 years, but I was actually searching online for a new rig last night. Seems used decent is about $4k USD, add the altimeter, AAD (AutoActivationDevice) suit etc is about $5k minimum.

Then I'd need to do about 200+ more jumps (x$25 per jump =$5k in 2-3 months) to get decent at wingsuiting (never done it)...and then maybe somewhere in the future a Norway BASE jump vacation.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jul 21, 2015,
Quote by Tempoe
I have about 1500 jumps. I haven't jumped in over 10 years, but I was actually searching online for a new rig last night. Seems used decent is about $4k USD, add the altimeter, AAD (AutoActivationDevice) suit etc is about $5k minimum.

Then I'd need to do about 200+ more jumps (x$25 per jump =$5k in 2-3 months) to get decent at wingsuiting (never done it)...and then maybe somewhere in the future a Norway BASE jump vacation.

Amazingly, I have nothing but free time, so maybe in December I'll go live in a van at the airport(DZ) in Florida for a few months and sort it out.

Give me your life
My God, it's full of stars!
I already spent over $50k skydiving over the years..it ain't cheap.

If I'd never done that, BASE wingsuiting would remain a dream forever.

$20k minimum to be ready for that stuff really.

If I lived in a van (free camping at the DZ) and work at the DZ packing chutes or teaching, I could do those 200+ jumps for free....and meet crazy people and slutty women..
Last edited by Tempoe at Jul 21, 2015,
After seeing that guy crashing into a bridge I'm definitely not tryna go wingsuiting.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
^It really does. I'm pumped
Quote by Arby911
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes.

Thank you for filling out this online survey. By participating you have automatically entered into our FREE iPAD GIVE-AWAY! Your participation code is:
QZ19056XUI

This survey will close on 29 July 2015, after which all results will be processed and the winners for the FREE iPAD GIVE-AWAY will be selected. The winning codes will be published on our website and the winners will automatically be contacted via the e-mail address that was provided at the start of the survey.

Seriously though, was it a 'just have to try this at least once' type thing like I'm planning to do?
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jul 21, 2015,
Quote by ultimate-slash

Seriously though, was it a 'just have to try this at least once' type thing like I'm planning to do?

Nope, it was several times, and it was always awesome and sometimes terrifying.

Highly recommended!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I jumpped out of a plane in a penis suit once.

edit: on topic, free falling is very peaceful because your body does not distinguish the danger of being that high up when the ground is so far away.

double edit: heres proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dk2x0n5OrU
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Last edited by selibucaz at Jul 21, 2015,
I would very much like to go skydiving. Prefer to be shot out of a cannon mounted on a plane than jump out myself though.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?