In the next couple weeks I should be getting a Fender Baja Tele (all things going well, which they haven't lately, but I digress ) and I've decided that when the time comes I will compare the regular Baja and the 60s Baja and decide which I like better. If I like the 50s Baja more I'll go with black and probably get a 1ply white pickguard for it, no big deal. If I like the 60s more I'll either go red or faded sonic blue; if I go sonic blue it's got to have an anodised pickguard for me, that's just the look for sonic blue.

Problem: None of the places I've found via google seem to have anodised gold pickguards for Teles. Does anyone know where to get one?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Anodizzation isn't too hard to do, i was going to make a friend some rainbow anodized rings or something , it's just a chemical or two and all.

but here's some, i also suggest axetremecreations for custom pickguards
http://www.wdmusic.com/guards_guitar_fender_tele.html

this is anodization , it doesnt work with every metal but it's an interesting process , you can do solid colors to rainbows. But as you guys will see in this video you can also remove the anodized look and start over again by using different chemicals. But who has the time to cut and shape metal. I was tempted to do this on some knobs and hardware in my drawer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrA7Jyw1uOs
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jul 22, 2015,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Problem: None of the places I've found via google seem to have anodised gold pickguards for Teles. Does anyone know where to get one?

Spell Anodized with a Z instead of an S and google gold anodized telecaster pickguard

Fender has them, of course, but there are other folks all over eBay and on Reverb and Amazon and Sweetwater, etc., that have them. Worthy of note: if you don't like gold, you can take your gold anodized pickguard to an anodizer (plating shop, etc.) who will anodize your pickguard in any of a ton of rainbow colors.
Quote by dspellman
Spell Anodized with a Z instead of an S and google gold anodized telecaster pickguard

Fender has them, of course, but there are other folks all over eBay and on Reverb and Amazon and Sweetwater, etc., that have them. Worthy of note: if you don't like gold, you can take your gold anodized pickguard to an anodizer (plating shop, etc.) who will anodize your pickguard in any of a ton of rainbow colors.

Yeah, to be fair my issue was indeed my search terms - I was looking for sites making custom pickguards not realising that they're not necessarily the same people making anodised ones.

Thanks for the help, but it seems that the choices available in the UK are all quite a bit pricier than I'm willing to spend on a pickguard.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one