I am looking for a new amp

-Budget: 150.000 clp / 350 usd (blackstar id core 40 price here, so thats the reference)

-Genres: metal, rock 3 doors down, metallica, disturbed, SOAD

-new, used market here is shit

-For home, jam

-closest city is viña del mar, chile

-i have an spider IV 15W wich lacks the volume i need
Great post man.

There was a recent shipment of Peavey Vypyr Tube 60's to South America. Not sure who the distributor is.

Jasonhelene - knows more. He bought on (but is returning it because his house has poor grounding). See his NAD Vypyr thread up at the top. He also posted in the 'Only Vypyr' thread.
Soooo my question is: the blackstar can cut it ?, it should bc the spider with max volume is just there... But the vypyr is way out of budget
Who are you jamming with? If it's just you and a drummer, you should be fine with the ID40 (by comparison: I used to sort of get away with a peavey vypry 15watt and a metal distortion pedal when it was just me and my old drummer, so since the speaker is larger the blackstar should be fine). My co-guitarist used to have a 40W Fender mustang (similar type of amp) and that was fine with drums.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
thank you, i know i should be fine with just 15W but the drummer likes to hit as hard as he can
Nah, that's why I said sort of get away with it. Not a prize regardless of how hard he's hitting.

Does the place have a return policy?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
do you mean if i can return the line 6 ? and no i can't, and ever if i did i got it really cheap so i would prefer to sell it myself.
No, the place selling the ID40...so you can return it if you don't like it/it doesn't work out.
ahh yes it does =), i have a question, maybe you can answer it...

i have some pedals (boss HM-3, behhinger heavy metal, danelectro distortion) and they sound like shit on the line 6 this happens on all modeling amps or just with the line 6 ???

will/ can they work on the blackstar ?
Quote by STEGMAIER
ahh yes it does =), i have a question, maybe you can answer it...

i have some pedals (boss HM-3, behhinger heavy metal, danelectro distortion) and they sound like shit on the line 6 this happens on all modeling amps or just with the line 6 ???

will/ can they work on the blackstar ?

A lot of modeling amps don't take distortion or overdrive pedals well, but I have no experience with the blackstar ID series, so you'll have to see for your self. The distortions should be better on the amp than those pedals anyways.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate