Well my Frankenstien Ibanez RG project has taken it's first step.

So I got ahold of William Wiggins Brand Pickups for Fender. My Ibanez has a middle single pick up and decided I wasn't going to buy a Fender Strat, was gonna change the pick up to Wiggins and l did.

First off Williams pickups are insane. They aren't expensive and comes in all kinds of wood options. I chose Rosewood since that is what my fingerboard is.

Next he asked me how I wanted it to sound, he does the coil winding himself.

If you haven't been to his website here it is.

www.wigginsbrand.com

Before and after pics.

The Frankstien Ibanez RG.

EDIT- Got the cover on the pickup now, I'll take better pics later today.

Here is the William Wiggins Pickup out of the box, smells like a campfire (its awesome).

He signs the back with the winding number.

Here it is installed, I need to get a cover to go over the exposed wood showing.

I don't have before sound or after but I can tell you it sounds just like a Fender Strat.
Last edited by jpjr50 at Jul 22, 2015,
Haha like me with my Dimarzio True Velvet in middle of Ibanez Prestige to get a strat sound. Close enough, right?
Awesome 21Gun, we had the same type plan.

I just ordered a black cover and I'll just cut the top off. I'm not going to cover the rosewood just the light colored base wood.

As for the 2 remaining pickups they will also get the boot.

For the neck I'm thinking Suhr "Doug Aldrich" since I'm a big Whitesnake fan and play WS songs.

For the bridge pickup I haven't decided yet but it needs to distinctly have a sound I'm looking for.

In the end I'll have 3 different pickups for 3 different guitars in 1 Frankenstein guitar.

When I get the two other pickups I'm stripping the guitar down. I'll have it painted Ford Grabber Blue with White Racing Stripes, the neck will be sent off for a rebuild or new neck, electronics will come out and replace with all new pots, wiring, etc. Gonna really make it my own. I'll never sell it so I don't care how much is in it.
Last edited by jpjr50 at Jul 21, 2015,
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is that an RG5EX1 with the EDGE III? I hope you plan to block that bridge or replace it entirely ($$$). Eventually it will wear down and won't hold its tuning.

Cool project though. Keep going!
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
Is that an RG5EX1 with the EDGE III? I hope you plan to block that bridge or replace it entirely ($$$). Eventually it will wear down and won't hold its tuning.

Cool project though. Keep going!

You're right on the make and model, haven't had any tuning problems. I dive with the bar all the time, it's 4-5 years old too.

I put the cover on the pick up, I'll throw it up on the photo's.

Put some new strings (Ernie Ball Super Slinky's) too.

That wooden middle gives some nice contrast. I like it a lot. Not a fan of EB after my recent test, but it's a minor thing