Hello.
I am a violinist as well as a guitarist, and I was wondering how I can get an UG pdf into a text file so that I can use a converter to get sheet music for it, so I can play it on the violin. Any suggestions? Has anybody else had this problem?
I'm not sure if you can extract tabs from a PDF file. However, Power Tab and TuxGuitar (which are freeware tab editors) display both the tab and standard notation, so that might help you.
You'll just have to transcribe it yourself to a tab in violin tuning, which is easy enough to do and what most musicians do anyway.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Most of the tabs on here are in plain text format anyway - well at least within html. Just copy paste into a word processor, change to font that has even letter spaces, then save at .txt.

Good pdfs can be copy pasted into Word a chunk at a time.
I've already tried TuxGuitar, but I could not get tabs of an acceptable format, so it did not work.
Quote by EpiExplorer
You'll just have to transcribe it yourself to a tab in violin tuning, which is easy enough to do and what most musicians do anyway.

How do I do that? (I am a total noob at this, in case you could not tell already).
Quote by PSimonR
Most of the tabs on here are in plain text format anyway - well at least within html. Just copy paste into a word processor, change to font that has even letter spaces, then save at .txt.

Good pdfs can be copy pasted into Word a chunk at a time.

Thank you so much! I simply needed to copy and paste the tab into the converter and it worked like a charm! Every classical musician should know this trick.
Except for the fact that most classical musicians don't use tabs
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something