Just ordered a trapeze tail piece, pick guard, "custom made" plug, and a pair of burstbuckers.

Ive got all that under control but I need advice on a pre-slotted bone nut. Which one to get pretty much haha. Want some fairly easy to work with but high quality. Was also considering a brass nut.

And Im wanting to sand down the back of the neck for a smoother feel. Recommended sandpaper grit?

Also any other note worthy mod I'm missing?
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
smoother usually I'd go 1500 or so grit. All the japanese jacksons i used to do this on especially ... in fact my hamer i may have went 2000 grit , super fine sand papers you'll find in the automotive section if not micromesh I highly recommend as you can polish the frets too with the kit, it's about 11-15$ (us dollar)

for the nut bone , brass or graphite I'd go with. Google your guitars specs and it'll probably point you in the right direction. A Graphtech tusq one I may put on one of my guitars eventually.

wiring mods
a piezo pickup for true acoustic tones - you are taping a transducer under your bridge pickup transducers are dirt cheap , they remind me of super mario world coins

coil splits / parallel tones - coil splits = strat sounds , parallel = weaker but hum cancelling
the shadow killswitch pot - rob chappers did a great demo of it
the fender grease bucket tone - it cuts bass and adds clarity - great for hot pickups
the fender TBX tone knob - cuts treble and bass , keep it at 5 to get your guitars sound
using an inductor instead of a capacitor on a tone to choke the signal
out of phase mod
those are a bunch off the top of my head

the most versatile (and easily visualized wiring) I can suggest will take some serious skill and many would consider this overkill but do a les paul wiring and this , the big difference is that you're putting one pickup to every two push pulls. Remember that with a push pull the left 3 contacts do one thing and so you dont need to copy this diagram flawlessly. Last time i did this it took about 2 hours though taking my time. My biggest advice is make lots of wires in the shape of a "Y" , tin everything , take your time and use lots of heat shrink.
Quote by jon_six
Just ordered a trapeze tail piece, pick guard, "custom made" plug, and a pair of burstbuckers.

Ive got all that under control but I need advice on a pre-slotted bone nut. Which one to get pretty much haha. Want some fairly easy to work with but high quality. Was also considering a brass nut.

And Im wanting to sand down the back of the neck for a smoother feel. Recommended sandpaper grit?

Also any other note worthy mod I'm missing?

You're only going to want to break the gloss a bit, not sand the finish off. The green scotchbrite pads work well for that. Don't go overboard with it; you just want to break up the "surface tension" that a new gloss finish presents. Most folks just play the guitar; microscratches will eventually appear naturally with time. The only reason to scotchbrite the guitar is to hurry the process.

Bone nuts are a waste of time, but you'll find that out in time. If it were me, I'd probably do a Tusq nut.

Moving to a trapeze tailpiece is an...uh...interesting choice. I have trapezes on my '67 Gibson 335s, but would probably rather have TOM-style setups. Going the other direction raises my eyebrows. Why?

Burstbuckers aren't my favorite pickup; I'd go further aftermarket, I think, but that's a personal thing.
P-Rails are an interesting choice for pickups, but I really hate push-pulls on guitars (experience talking here). You haven't lived until you've launched a knob on a "pull" into the audience.

There are pickup rings (from SD) that have switching built in. If you don't want to have miniswitches on your guitar (I don't mind them at all), you can just swap out your pickup rings and have all the switching right there. Google Seymour Duncan Triple Shot.

tusq nut sounds like a winner.

the reason for the burst buckers and the trapeze is because i fell in love with a gibson es335 that had both. just trying to emulate that guitar. c:
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Quote by jon_six
tusq nut sounds like a winner.

the reason for the burst buckers and the trapeze is because i fell in love with a gibson es335 that had both. just trying to emulate that guitar. c:

Ah. I'm not at all sure that the trapezes do anything significant on my guitars, but the original pickups are really nice (I really haven't bothered to find out what got stuffed into them in '67).

Note that original guitars, prior to 1980 or so, have the SAME pickup in both positions. For in Those Days, GrassHooppah, the whole business of "balanced pickups" (essentially a hotter bridge pickup) didn't really exist, especially where manufacturers were concerned.
Quote by dspellman
P-Rails are an interesting choice for pickups, but I really hate push-pulls on guitars (experience talking here). You haven't lived until you've launched a knob on a "pull" into the audience.

+1 on the Tusq recommendation.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one