It's that wonderful day again guys. New gear day.
This time around we have a beautiful black EVH 5150III 100W head and a killer ISP Decimator II Noise Suppression Pedal.

Initial thoughts.
The EVH is killer. Best head I have ever played through. The clean channel is Fender beautiful (no shocker there). Love playing through its clean channel more then any other amp I've head especially with my Haunted Delay pedal for some awesome ambient effects! It's the first I've ever played an amp with a dedicated crunch channel (if you can even call it that considering that you can get that crunch channel to Dual Rectifier amounts of gain and punch) Found a happy medium with the crunch channel EQ where it's not my rythm tone of dirt but its fat and crunchy enough for some dialed back lead playing and some jazzy mid gain tones! Finally the Red/Lead channel. What can I say? Incredible. Clear while still wild and out of control like a fire breathing beast. More gain headroom then I will EVER need and unlike my Dual Rectifier I don't really feel the need to tighten up the front end with my Bulb Overdrive because it's so tight and already doesn't have a whole lot of bass end and low mids lying around. I'm happy to say I could play my style of music on this channel with no boost/shaping in front of the amp. (all of this is being played through my Avatar 2x12 loaded with 2 Celestion Vintage 30 speakers)

The ISP Decimator II is a happy addition to my very small but growing pedal collection. It does exactly what I need it to. Cuts out all of that background hum and unwanted fix! Love it. Can easily play right next to my computer with no background harmonics! Glad purchase.

All and all this is a huge NGD for me and I could not be happier with my purchases.

PICTURES!

Quote by Ippon
Sweet set-up. Congrats!

I hope you're done sulking and are now cool with your bud.

Hard to sulk when 100 watts has never sounded so good. Haven't heard anything from him on that front but hopefully things resolve and everyone remains friends.
I approve.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Sweet, there is a cool video I watched on you tube where Eddie talks about the development process for the 5150III, don't remember the name of it but it shouldn't be hard to find, anyways congrats on an awesome rig and HNGD
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
Sweet, there is a cool video I watched on you tube where Eddie talks about the development process for the 5150III, don't remember the name of it but it shouldn't be hard to find, anyways congrats on an awesome rig and HNGD

I'll have to find that sounds interesting. And yeah this new rig is by far the best I've ever owned (blows when I had an Axe FX II out of the damn water)
Congrats man!

I picked up one of those beasts a few months back. Its from the 1st run of them I believe. Killer amp. I just wish that it had true midi, like the newer models. I think the cleans are my favourite part about the amp tho

I had to clip the balls, and pull 2 PT's on mine That thing was just wayyyy too loud at 100watts.

Edit:

I think this is Part One of the video Evilnine was talking about. Its pretty cool.

Who knew that you could leave a 5153 on max settings with a guitar laid in front of it, feedbacking for a month straight, and not blow it up
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at Jul 23, 2015,
Quote by red.guitar
Congrats man!

I picked up one of those beasts a few months back. Its from the 1st run of them I believe. Killer amp. I just wish that it had true midi, like the newer models. I think the cleans are my favourite part about the amp tho

I had to clip the balls, and pull 2 PT's on mine That thing was just wayyyy too loud at 100watts.

Edit:

I think this is Part One of the video Evilnine was talking about. Its pretty cool.

Who knew that you could leave a 5153 on max settings with a guitar laid in front of it, feedbacking for a month straight, and not blow it up

I didn't know that the switching was midi controlled! That's why it's so lightning fast! Thank you for linking the video I just finished watching both parts and it was awesome. That being said I'm never gonna let my amp feedback for a month straight haha. The 100 watts is a lot louder then any 100 or 120 watt heads I've owned. (Blows my Dual Rec out of the water) but I'm still glad I went with the 3 channel over the 2 channel. The only reason I went with 3 is because I don't like shared EQ on the clean and crunch channel.