After spending alot of time trying to learn parts of Sweet Child of Mine with my pinky and then seeing Slash doing it mostly with his ring finger...I've been moving away from the whole ONE FINGER PER THREAT kind of rule in the interest of sanity? And actually playing stuff.

I work my pinky out hard but too often 20 seconds of tapping/legato it starts to lose power, wrist hurts, lose time etc...I can get more time if I use my ring finger untilt he same thing happens.

So how would you play this. Just kind of want to get a consensus of how other people approach things. It's from the Am I Evil solo

Intro Solo Guitar 2
|-------------------------------------------------|
|-0h5h8-0h5h8-0h5h8-0h5h8-0h5h8-0h5h8-0h5h8-0h5h8-|

|-0h4h7-0h4h7-0h4h7-0h4h7-0h4h7-0h4h7-0h4h7-0h4h7-|

|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-0h5h8-0h5h8-0h5h8-0h5h8-0h7h9-0h7h9-0h5h8-0h5h8-0h4h7-0h4h7-0h4h7--|

|--7---------|
i'd do whichever i found easier
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
One finger per fret, if you'll pardon the imminent pun, is a rule of thumb. Its purpose is to get beginners into the habit of using all their fingers and learn to keep a relatively consistent hand position when playing, so don't worry too much about taking it as written.

Here I think using your ring finger's probably the sensible option, but building up pinky strength is likewise a good idea.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I am still using the pinky atm just because it's played really fast and it's a short run so it's not I just need to hold out for 10-15 seconds not needing superhuman strength. Turns out ring finger is not amazing either lol. Thanks for advice guys.
I play it with my pinky. When I started playing guitar, my hands weren't big/strong enough to reach power chords with my 1st and 3rd fingers, so I developed a rather strong pinky.
I am doing it with both. I use to think pinky strength was simply a matter of practice and it is TO A DEGREE, there is some stuff imo it really can't do....Good bends alone for example.

Also you no longer need to apply one finger per fret rule as you get higher up the neck and alto of them don't...I've been watching Euroboy from Turbonegro and he shreds.

I've flogged my little pinky to the point it's so sore I have to stop playing for 4-5 days but now I am simply beginning to accept it's limitations. It doesn't matter how much I smash it it still won't be quite as good as ring etc.

I am not disregarding the pinky but am no longer forcing it to play things it shouldn't. My pinkty is very usable anyway.
^ Yeah that's the approach I take. If you can't use your pinky at all, that's not so good. But as long as you can use it when you need to, spending months/years to get it up to the strength of your other fingers is probably time that might be better spent practising something else.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I can only speak for what I did, which was learning to use my pinky. I never had conditioning issues, and in the example above, a repeated pattern of 0-4-7, it doesn't really matter. (As it is really a two finger pattern). What I found later was that my transition notes between middle finger and ring finger (versus pinky) were smoother (more fluid sounding) for both ascending and descending runs.

If I would have discovered earlier, I would have progressed faster, IMO.