I have a fender stratocaster.
Can i change from 9's to 10's without having to mess around with the intonation of the guitar or anything?
Or when I fit 10's will the guitar need to be completely set up again?
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke
You might have to adjust neck relief, you'll probably have to adjust action, and you'll almost certainly have to adjust intonation. Not really much you can do to dodge that. On the plus side, intonation is fairly simple to fix if you've got a tuner and a screwdriver, and action's even easier if you've got a set of fingers and an allen key. I know some people measure their action carefully but I've never understood the point of that given that it's a matter of balancing feel and sound and that's much easier tested than measured.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 23, 2015,
as above, though the biggest nightmare will be your bridge as the increased tension will pull it forward and you'll need to tighten the springs to compensate
Quote by beatreebor
as above, though the biggest nightmare will be your bridge as the increased tension will pull it forward and you'll need to tighten the springs to compensate

Depends if it's decked or not, but yeah.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by beatreebor

+1 you DEFINITELY need to watch the spring tension. if you don't watch it the bridge could pull up and cause problems.

is your bridge decked?

if your bridge isn't decked, i would start by tightening the springs a little bit FIRST, then putting the new strings on and be watching it.

you will need to adjust relief and string height and intonation.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/