I have a 112 I bought in mid 90s. Very good cleans, not bad distortion, real reverb, 60 watt loud to handle drummers, even played bass through it and handled well. Workhorse solid state amp, Fender could take a hint and build them like that again.
This would be my first amp. My budget is $150 and I play a Fender Squier Strat. The only amps in my budget at the nearest store are a Fender Princeton, a Fender Rumble, and a Marshall MG.
Quote by ajane
This would be my first amp. My budget is $150 and I play a Fender Squier Strat. The only amps in my budget at the nearest store are a Fender Princeton, a Fender Rumble, and a Marshall MG.

Princeton indefinitely. they are pretty good for an older SS amp. i used one at church a long time ago (circa 2003). haha.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Several carried the name Princeton so you gotta be more specific:

Original 60s Blackface Princeton (tube). Badass 12w Fender tone monster.

70s Silverface Princeton (tube). Still pretty sweet 12w tube amp.

80s Princeton Reverb II 20w tube. Less interesting but still pretty decent amp.

90s Princeton 112 or Chorus SS. Ok for a first amp.

Reissues are also reasonably faithful reproductions of the early amps and definitely a quality Fender tube amp. Go for the tubes...
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 24, 2015,
Is it a Fender Princeton Chorus? I had one for years and it worked great for me. Throw a Blues Driver in front and it gets a killer grunge tone! I sold mine 7-8 years ago for $180 (it was the 212), if that means anything to you. $150 would probably be okay if its in great shape, imo.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20