I'm new to electric and I'm looking at a Fender Rumble amp. Most sites say it's either a bass amp or a combo. So, I'm just wonder what that is.
A combo means that it has, in the same unit, both a preamp/power amp, and a speaker cab with a speaker in it. A head is just the preamp/power amp. The Fender Rumble is a bass combo amp. So it has the preamp/power amp, plus the speaker cab with the speaker in.
I'm looking for my first guitar amp, so out of the question?
Quote by ajane
I'm looking for my first guitar amp, so is this one out of the question?

a bass amp eally isn't ideal for most guitar applications. it could do in a pinch but not really a good choice at all. why you seem set on this amp?
I don't have lot of opinions in my budgets ($150). The only store near me has very few in my budget. My parents won't let me buy one online. The 3 they have are a Fender Rumble, a Fender Princeton and a Marshall MG.
The Fender Princeton is a decent first amp.
^Rumble worse than an MG? HERSEY!!!
Then again, I've never played a guitar through a Fender Rumble, a bass yes (Which sounded damn nice IMO), guitar, no.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 23, 2015,
I'd hold on to the $150 until something better comes or the parents join this century.

Try craigslist, people selling there are looking for quick cash.
you might can haggle somebody down on a nice amp.

Unless parents won't even let you buy local from craiglist either
My parents just want to get it over with, so I'll probably get the Princeton and save up for something better later on. I'm not playing gigs(unless my bedroom mirror and my dog counts).
That sucks, you can actually get decent stuff online for $150 if you're patient.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by CodeMonk
The Fender Princeton is a decent first amp.
^Rumble worse than an MG? HERSEY!!!
Then again, I've never played a guitar through a Fender Rumble, a bass yes (Which sounded damn nice IMO), guitar, no.

i have and believe me it isn't a great guitar amp for anything past clean. in that case you might as well go for the princeton. while we all know the MG is less than stellar i'd still take it over a bass amp (well until we get to tube in which case a Bassman is a great choice)
Quote by ajane
I'm not playing gigs(unless my bedroom mirror and my dog counts).

That's how I justify 90% of my unnecessary gear purchases
What type of music are you wanting to play?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
What type of music are you wanting to play?

I play a lot of pop punk and alternative.