I have a $300 Dean Dave Mustaine electric guitar for metal, trash metal and death metal, just to play it for fun and future band. I'm really interested in getting Seymour Duncan pickups (officially my first pickups to buy), so here are the following the links I'm going to show:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-AHB-2b-Blackout-Metal-Bridge-Humbucker-620591-i1468585.gc?esid=620591.001
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-Original-HB-1-Blackouts-Active-Humbucker-104470182-i1276301.gc?esid=104930029

I've heard alot of good responses about these pickups and said they are worth it for drop tuning and heavier music. Please let me know what you guys think and I'm looking forward to hear your replies. Enjoy your day!
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
If you're amp's decent you'll be fine. If not you won't see a leaps and bound difference. Genre wise those pickups should be fine.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
what do you have for an amp?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If your guitar has passive pickups, switching to active Blackouts will require you to replace your pots and output jack. If you can get the pickups as a set somehow, they should come with everything you need.

I like the AHB-1s. I don't think that I would ever go out of my way to buy them, but they fill a nice spot if you want something more organic than an EMG, but more active sounding than an EMG X.

I don't like the AHB-2 or 3. They're just too high output, they don't make sense unless you're running your rig old school and pushing the front end of your amp with your pickups. But that's really impractical IMO.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It's just a question of whether you like their sound, but they're definitely awesome for metal - they sound almost absurdly fat and massive (unlike EMGs which are quite thin), while still retaining that articulation of actives. (Referring to the AHB-1 though, haven't encountered the AHB-2 or 3 much.)
They're great pickups for sure! But I agree with Offworld; if my guitar wasn't already setup for active pickups I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to install them -- when there are so many great passive pickup options available today.

If you want a sampling of how they sound, click on the song in my signature -- every guitar part in that song was recorded with my Schecter Blackjack v1, which has Blackout Ahb 1s. Even the cleans. However, I should note that there's a lot more to my tone than just pickups.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Looks like your guitar has passives pickups, so I'd take a look at passive Seymour Duncans (Black Winter, Distortion). Unless you plan on doing all sorts of electrical work.