Page 1 of 3
The shooting comes as a jury deliberates the death penalty for a gunman who attacked a cinema in Colorado three years ago.

I didn't know that, really hoping he gets the death penalty.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
If only Louisiana didn't have such restrictive gun laws, none of this would have happened.
Quote by TheChaz
If only Louisiana didn't have such restrictive gun laws, none of this would have happened.

(Invalid img)
Quote by ErikLensherr

#progress
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by genghisgandhi
(white, of course)

They said he was like 50's which is slightly surprising; middle-aged killers are usually more of the subtle serial type. Spectacle killing is a young man's game.

Of course, they're typically white.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
They said he was like 50's which is slightly surprising; middle-aged killers are usually more of the subtle serial type. Spectacle killing is a young man's game.

Of course, they're typically white.

the old white guys usually plug up museums or monuments, schools and theaters generally are the domain of the young white guy.
Good thing that one racist guy who was in the news this week stopped selling guns to Muslims
They should ship humanity back to God, mark it as defective, and write Do Not Return on the box
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Weaponized
they should ship the whites back to Caucasus

I could use a vacation.

But on serious note, I was sad when I saw this. Like, can't people just cut it out?
Quote by bradulator
Honestly I wasn't even sad I was just like "aight" because desensitization

same tbh. this happens so often in america that i can really summon any effort to be affected by it
Quote by bradulator
Honestly I wasn't even sad I was just like "aight" because desensitization

Yeah, like I went through a weird dip of sad to meh to sad that I was meh.

Also, I saw it at the last hour of work so I was like "uugghhh, I don't want to deal with any shit right now."

I do like Don Lemon though. He covers things sensibly.
Quote by JustRooster
God damnit, I just can't get away from Amy Schumer.

Exactly what he said.
I haven't watched it since like the first half of the first season but the skit she did with John Glaser's balls cemented her as solid in my book.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Ladies et Gentlemen, welcome to the 21st century!
Saw this this morning. I just sigh, and shake my head.

It is a bit surprising that this was an older white male though. Like mentioned before, movie theaters are the domain of young, still somewhat impressionable white males.

No doubt THIS will get all the national attention on guns, and gun control, rather than the daily murders at astounding rates in your larger cities that actually have very strict gun laws.

Oh well, whatever gets people to watch the news and click on blogs
Quote by soundgarden1986
i never heard of her until last week, and ever since that day ive seen her god damned everywhere

srsly why

Trainwreck
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
2 dead ain't so bad. I mean, it's awful for them, their friends, and families, but it's not exactly a mass murder.
PM me for newts
Mass shootings sometimes happen in the UK despite much stricter gun control laws. E.g Michael Ryan, Thomas Hamilton and Derrick Bird. Taking guns away will not take away some peoples desire to kill although the number of victims may not be as high if the perpetrator was only armed with a blade.

Not all spree killers are white, remember John Allen Muhammad?
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Quote by rpd
Mass shootings sometimes happen in the UK despite much stricter gun control laws. E.g Michael Ryan, Thomas Hamilton and Derrick Bird. Taking guns away will not take away some peoples desire to kill although the number of victims may not be as high if the perpetrator was only armed with a blade.

Not all spree killers are white, remember John Allen Muhammad?

Which is the entire point. And it is not completely impossible to get guns through illegal channels here. You can even get some in legal ways.

Also Ryan was 1987, Hamilton 1996, and Bird 2010. 1 spree killing every decade is a much better stat than what they have in the USA.

You can never stop it completely, but gun control (as in: you can only get one in very rare circumstances, not just background checks), does work. I just don't see the USA doing it though. And if they do it, I can't see it being succesful unless there is a massive switch in mentality. The people kill people is still very much part of the problem.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jul 25, 2015,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Which is the entire point. And it is not completely impossible to get guns through illegal channels here. You can even get some in legal ways.

Also Ryan was 1987, Hamilton 1996, and Bird 2010. 1 spree killing every decade is a much better stat than what they have in the USA.

You can never stop it completely, but gun control (as in: you can only get one in very rare circumstances, not just background checks), does work. I just don't see the USA doing it though. And if they do it, I can't see it being succesful unless there is a massive switch in mentality. The people kill people is still very much part of the problem.

Dale Cregan carried out his killings with totally illegal weapons.

Trouble is in the US, there are that many guns out there that even with a blanket ban you could never make sure that they are all handed in. The criminals would keep hold of their weapons. I know that many of the recent infamous mass shootings have been carried out with illegal weapons but the gun culture over there is completely different to anything we're used to in Britain.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Quote by Neo Evil11

Note that the theater was a gun-free zone...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

lol this old shit again
PM me for newts
Quote by Arby911

I am sure that the theater had a police department in there somewhere to deal with this issue...

Can't call anything a gun free zone in the USA when every speck ofgunfreeness is surrounded by a gazillion guns.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jul 26, 2015,
Quote by Arby911

Your point being...?

Seriously, what the hell do you get out of uttering those words? It's common fucking sense that "gun-free area" signs do not prevent gun violence from occurring in the first place. I'll be kind and spell it out for you: the signs are placed in these areas so that in the event of a catastrophe - such as a shooting - harsher legal punishments are placed upon alleged criminals if they are caught. It's asinine and petty, but without signs around to notify folks of the obvious, it puts the police and businesses in a legal tangle if they are ever audited by the courts. Jfc...

Here, let me just repeat the reason as to why signs are put up:

Harsher legal punishments are placed upon alleged criminals if they are caught.

If you cannot understand this concept, then you have no business owning a firearm.

Edit: It's always the folks who bemoan the loss of personal accountability/responsibility that are the same fuckers who bellyache about signs being put up for legal preventative measures. Go kick rocks.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jul 26, 2015,
Quote by Arby911 at #33517727

Someone should have told the shooter that then.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Neo Evil11
I am sure that the theater had a police department in there somewhere to deal with this issue...

Is it your belief that every theater has their own police department?

Also, for those of you that don't like me pointing out the truth that the theater was a safe for killers gun free zone, too ****ing bad.

Also, the signs are usually placed due to corporate lawyers and insurers concerns about potential liability, they have ****-all to do with harsher sentencing.
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jul 26, 2015,
Quote by Arby911
Also, for those of you that don't like me pointing out the truth that the theater was a safe for killers gun free zone, too ****ing bad.

Also, the signs are usually placed due to corporate lawyers and insurers concerns about potential liability

Liabilities such as, oh lemme take a gander here, shootings?
they have ****-all to do with harsher sentencing.

В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Arby, actually you're right. If lots of people in the theater had been carrying guns it would have turned out a lot better. Bunch of folks in a large dark room firing gunshots at someone they suspect to be the shooter. What could go wrong, right?
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
Arby, actually you're right. If lots of people in the theater had been carrying guns it would have turned out a lot better. Bunch of folks in a large dark room firing gunshots at someone they suspect to be the shooter. What could go wrong, right?

You really are quite ignorant on this issue, it's almost as if you have had no weapons training whatsoever and are simply talking out of your ass.

That couldn't be the case, could it?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
You really are quite ignorant on this issue, it's almost as if you have had no weapons training whatsoever and are simply talking out of your ass.

That couldn't be the case, could it?

yeah I'm sure all the carriers in the south are regular Django Freemans
Page 1 of 3