so, some back story.

I've been playing in a punk band for about 5 months, for 2-3 month, we had been rehearsing at our guitarists house, but had to switch to our drummers house in pinch, and we didn't have time to bring equipment over. He's the youngest of our band and only plays drums (he's 15, the rest of us are 17), and he was unsure or the guitar equipment he had. He knew he had a small guitar amp, and a bass amp, so that was good enough for us. We got to his place, and found the amp he had laying around for guitar was pretty small, so we rummaged around to see if we could find anything else. We found a Epiphone Valve Junior 35w head, and this cab. The two together weren't that loud, but sounded awesome. It naturally gave a high gain, distorted sound that we got from using pedals, so we were able to run directly into the head/cab combo. About 2-3 weeks ago, we blew the resistor on the valve jr. , so we determined we were running on the wrong OHMs. There are 4-8-16 inputs on the back of the head, we always ran through 8. Nowhere on the cab did it say the OHMs, so I took it apart to see if it said on the speaker, but nothing. Nothing online either, no info on STAGE cabs or anything. I really want to know what this is!

TL;DR

I can't find anything about this cab, what kind of speaker is it, how many ohms?

Last edited by HollowHeadTed at Jul 24, 2015,
If you have a multi-meter, plug your speaker cable into the back, and test the other end with the meter.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
If you have a multi-meter, plug your speaker cable into the back, and test the other end with the meter.

Is that possible without the speaker being powered? I'm pretty new to getting into cabs/amps so I'm not 100% on how they work just yet.
No, you don't need to have anything connected to the cab. You could also just measure across the two terminals on the speaker itself, but that would require taking the cab apart again
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by HollowHeadTed
Is that possible without the speaker being powered? I'm pretty new to getting into cabs/amps so I'm not 100% on how they work just yet.

Yes it is possible
Quote by HollowHeadTed

You're just measuring the resistance (sorry, impedance) of the speaker's voice coil. That's a passive thing.
Quote by HollowHeadTed
We found a Epiphone Valve Junior 35w head, and this cab.

An Epiphone Valve Junior head puts out 5W. It started the "lunchbox amp" craze.

What you think is 35W (marked on the back of the amp head) is just the power required from the wall socket to run it.

I have two of them.
Last edited by dspellman at Jul 26, 2015,