my reverb on my rockerverb is out. the tube is good, and if i dial the reverb up you can hear the sounds of the springs through the amp, but you don't hear the guitar signal at all. the amp came to me like that, and the seller compensated me for it, i just haven't gotten around it until now.

i checked for continuity all the way from the board to the cable and the connections are good.

so how do i test my tank? and what should i replace it with?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Send a signal through the input of the reverb tank, then connect the output to something and see if anything comes out.
If you have an audio interface you can connect an interface's output to the tank's input and vice versa, and see if the interface's input pick up anything when you're sending something through the output.

If that works and you hear something coming out of the output then the problem lies in the amp's circuit.

If that doesn't work open the tank, slap/pull and let the springs go.
Keep it connected to something that should pick up a possible output from it.
If that doesn't work then the output transducer is most likely ****ed and you probably need a new one.

I don't have a clue if it's cheaper to get another reverb tank entirely.

If you end up having to replace it replace it with a good digital delay unit, **** springs and moving stuff.
Either a Lexicon MX300 or a yamaha SPX90 if you want some vintage, lower resolution lushy flavor.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Measure the resistance across the input and the output. It should read some resistance. it's a coil.
If that's ok, open it up and just look at it and make sure the springs are actually fixed into place.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sounds like the output is working and the input is dead. The first thing I do when checking the reverb is what Cathbard posted.
May not have enough water in the tank. Check the side of the tank, there should be a small little knob that you can pull out. That's a dipstick. If it's low, you'll have to remove the speaker and remove the tank, pour some water in along with Pine Sol to keep the tank clean. Hope this helps.

It's also worth noting that it's a good idea to keep an eye on your gain stages while you're doing this as they can lag behind or be deleted entirely. If your gain stages start lagging, you're going to have to play through levels 1-3, depending on how many stages there are and recover them. I've heard there's a bonus gain level with most high gain amps, but they require an overdrive.
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
Quote by AsOneIStand
May not have enough water in the tank. Check the side of the tank, there should be a small little knob that you can pull out. That's a dipstick.

Okay, we've located the knob who's a dipstick...
Quote by dspellman
Okay, we've located the knob who's a dipstick...
Looks like the problem is a loose nut behind the keyboard.
^Ah, no fun I see.
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
i tested the amp a while ago when it was open (i forgot that i did this) and i tested the continuity from the board to the cables where they would plug into the tank, and it showed continuity.

thoughts? maybe tank then? also i want to make it clear, if the reverb is on, i hear noise through the amp if i knock on it, but no guitar, just the rattling noise from the springs.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by CodeMonk
have a look here if need be: http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/

damn. lots of different models. the tank in there is a ruby. i have accutronics tanks in other amps, but the impedence is different.

do you think its the tank if there is rattling but no audio?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
damn. lots of different models. the tank in there is a ruby. i have accutronics tanks in other amps, but the impedence is different.

do you think its the tank if there is rattling but no audio?

Feed it a signal and do a signal trace at each point or connection from input to output.
A reverb tank is dead simple.
Recalling from memory (which may not be totally accurate), I took apart a reverb tank in a Marshall a few years ago.
There were two transformers in it. Or maybe 4, I forget.
Those could have gone bad.
Pop open the tank and have a look.
Take some measurements.

I was considering getting an Accutronics for my AC30 a few years back.
They aren't really that expensive. Something like $40 in my case.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 26, 2015,
Sounds like a faulty input transducer in the tank. What resistance do you see across it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification