I have this B.C. Rich I bought a while ago.
Yesterday I noticed how flickin' the toggle switch is very much hearable through amplification and also knocking on the guitarbody is very loud.

Today I came across the term microphonic pick-ups. Do you think I have them? I don't get the squeals like some guys have on videos I've seen.
Last edited by slash&angus at Jul 24, 2015,
Quote by slash&angus
I have this B.C. Rich I bought a while ago.

Sorry.

Quote by slash&angus
Yesterday I noticed how flickin' the toggle switch is very much hearable through amplification and also knocking on the guitarbody is very loud.

If you're hearing a "pop" or "click" from the switch, you may want to swap it for a better quality switch. Knocking on the guitar body can sometimes transmit through the pickups. Not unusual.

Quote by slash&angus
Today I came across the term microphonic pick-ups. Do you think I have them? I don't get the squeals like some guys have on videos I've seen.

Pickups that are slightly microphonic would more likely help the squealies than prevent them. Microphonic pickups occur usually when the coil wires are slightly loose. Pickups that are *slightly* microphonic aren't a bad thing at all, but if it's really a problem, you can have them potted (or do it yourself). If they're already potted, you have other issues.

Failure to produce squealies is not a symptom of microphonic pickups. It has more to do with technique and gain.
Quote by dspellman
Failure to produce squealies is not a symptom of microphonic pickups. It has more to do with technique and gain.

I think the squeal thing was referring to microphonic feedback but I'm not sure?

Basically, if you don't have microphonic feedback you don't have (excessively) microphonic pickups. Hearing switching and knocking on the body, especially at high gain levels, is perfectly normal, though as suggested you might have a crap switch that could do with replacing.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Ok, no speech getting through the pickups, so I guess they are fine.
About the squeals, I meant unwanted squals, like feedback on its own. Some people with those microphonic pickups seem to have them.