I'm upgrading the wiring in my heavily modified Tele, I have a Duncan 59 in the neck, a DiMarzio noiseless in the middle and a Fender texas special in the bridge. I need to know what difference will pots make, what difference will a 500k make instead of the 250k ones that are in it? If any difference at all.
Thanks
500k pots will brighten up the tone and add a bit more output compared to 250k.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
500k pots will brighten up the tone and add a bit more output compared to 250k.

A perfect description. Its important to note that 500K pots isn't an upgrade to the 250K, its just different.

I personally don't like 500K pots in a Strat or Tele...but that is just my opinion.
"We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so." - BB King

"The thrill is being able to do it...even if you play it badly" - The Edge.

8 Guitars, 4 Amps, 3 Multi Pedals...and never done!
you could probably (don't quote me on this) wire it up so the '59 has a 500k pot while the singles effectively have 250k.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?