Hello all! I love my Gibson SG Standard, boy is she a beaut.

The problem is my pesky wireless keeps banging into her (Line Six G90, body pack obviously)! I have pictures if I can ever remember how to upload them to here.

Anyway I was looking for solutions to keep her from getting more banged up. I Thought i remembered seeing a pouch for the strap, but it needs to fit my Line Six and still reach the guitar. I have it covered in masking tape for my last show but that can't stay!

Or maybe there's a solution at a Walmart or a Target one of you crafty guys have found?

Also, what can I use to clean my guitar that I might have at home? Or at a Walmart? Sadly I'm in no position to drive anywhere for a week until my car gets fixed, but I could always hit up a supermarket late at night after my aunt comes home from work.

I could always amazon both of these things, but the sooner the better, I gig more than regularly and this week I'm relying on my band to get me too and from shows. Thanks guys

Edit* This needs to be super snug and safe! The reason my guitar gets banged up is because I move around so much and am very active on stage. I can't have my wireless falling out, it falls of the strap right now anyway!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Last edited by Katsock at Jul 24, 2015,
I just wrap it once with electrical tape.

Edit: I now see that you don't want to keep using tape. Maybe just masking tape because of colour. Electrical is easy to hide.

What about a hunk of Velcro that you can wrap around it possibly.

When I first got mine, it wouldn't stay very good either(I have g30), I grabbed a hair tie that was fairly tight, barely fit over it, it seemed to keep it on decent.
Last edited by esky15 at Jul 24, 2015,
Quote by BigSmokeDawg
I'm going to be that guy that says stop worrying about dinging up your guitar

I didn't care about it at first, but it is getting really banged up, and not in a pleasant to look at way haha. Plus the wireless keeps falling off with any big jump or swing I do.

The tape route never works well enough, and always gets in the way of the screen and the battery pack. A good pouch would still make me remove the unit, but I wouldn't have to keep retaping it or finding new tape. I just cant seem to find a good one. I use Dimarzio clip strap locks on all my guitars as well.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Put the wireless on the back of your pants where it’s out of the way. That’s why the units have belt clips. If you still have trouble sew velcro onto your pants or strap and double attach the unit with the clip and velcro.
Quote by jpnyc
Put the wireless on the back of your pants where it’s out of the way. That’s why the units have belt clips. If you still have trouble sew velcro onto your pants or strap and double attach the unit with the clip and velcro.

The amount of movement I do makes that pretty difficult. I found that things you wouldn't imagine could get caught in it do, wrists, guitar parts, IEM things, and mostly the cable isn't long enough. I was actually considering making my own pouch, but that wont be a quick fix.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
The tape route never works well enough

Then you're not using enough tape.

Both my bass player and rhythm guitarist just wack the duct tape to theirs, and it works fine. If you're having issues with it still falling off with tape, then a flimsy case that most likely has a velcro seal is not going to work any better.

But really, a cable would solve all of your issues
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by Katsock

The tape route never works well enough, and always gets in the way of the screen and the battery pack. A good pouch would still make me remove the unit, but I wouldn't have to keep retaping it or finding new tape. I just cant seem to find a good one. I use Dimarzio clip strap locks on all my guitars as well.

I keep tape on my battery port because it seems to jog loose, but that's apparently a trait of the g30. Also I have t set up so I can just pull a section away to replace them and stick it right back.

For the tape, I do a wrap diagonally so I can still see the lights, not like I need to because I can see the lights on the other part on my pedal board. I have just a little unit the same size as my receiver.
Try using hockey pad tape. Easy to work with, holds pads to a player and leaves no residue.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .