https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Osrb3SqpP90

The very first note of that song. What is that? It happens again less than a minute in. I don't know if this is where this thread should go sorry, but I assume it's either his amp or his guitar. Maybe some weird whammy bar technique? I don't think I've heard it from anybody else, but I've heard Jerry do it a lot '65-'67.
Also, and I know this belongs here, any comments on the general tone? I've yet to find out what his set-up was like in those days, although I'm sure some Deadhead has written about it on the internet. It'd be cool to be able to recreate that old school twangy psychedelic Jerry tone
im i crazy to not like his tone?

i personally find his tone slightly comparable to many players of the day such as john fogerty. perhaps on some songs, keith richards. that high headroom, clean amp tone and those lower output single coils or PAF pups of that day. a classic kinda twang.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
A Lot Of Acid
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Quote by jon_six
A Lot Of Acid

This is my favorite answer. Haha

But thanks everyone, I'm going to dozing.com right now

Edit: was that a joke? Looks like dozing.com is not a website
Reedit: oh "dozin" lol
Last edited by justin.carter43 at Jul 31, 2015,
Quote by justin.carter43
This is my favorite answer. Haha

But thanks everyone, I'm going to dozing.com right now

Edit: was that a joke? Looks like dozing.com is not a website
Reedit: oh "dozin" lol

Sorry, autocorrect got me and I didn't notice it.