Hello All.

Once again I have been hammering away at the rock face of productivity, so I am subjecting the UG masses to the final outcome.

Soo....... ~fanfare~ Homunculus-in-a-box productions proudly presents .....

Amputation

I'm reasonably pleased with the result, although it still sounds less than professional to me.

Please feel free to leave any and all comments about the song, performance, and mixing.

As always I'm more than happy to go C4C with anyone who takes the time to listen.

Cheers
Interesting man, I liked the intro, I'm not a huge fan of the vocals (I'm just not into that style) but I can't fault them other than that. The mix is is nice too, but it feels a bit hollow in places (imo). The part at 0:50 is my favourite part, really solid playing from all instruments.
Overall I enjoyed it, the riffs are really heavy, is it drop D tuning or what?
C4c?:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1682814
Quote by Poisonouspot
Interesting man, I liked the intro, I'm not a huge fan of the vocals (I'm just not into that style) but I can't fault them other than that. The mix is is nice too, but it feels a bit hollow in places (imo). The part at 0:50 is my favourite part, really solid playing from all instruments.
Overall I enjoyed it, the riffs are really heavy, is it drop D tuning or what?
C4c?:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1682814

Thanks for the kind words - no drop tuning required - it's all in standard E. I do have two bass parts going - 1 distorted and one clean. It adds to a thicker, heavier sound I think.

Just listening to your track now - will comment on your thread.

Cheers.
Hey man, thanks for the technical feedback on my folk metal stuff. Had a listen to your track, and wow! Wasn't expecting that, not those sort of vocals mixed with the style of rock (sludge metal at an almost punk tempo is the best way for me to describe it) your are playing, the verse reminds me a little of Nathan Explosion from Metalocalypse. Is that more of a black metal style in the chorus? I'm not too familiar with growling/screaming, although I didn't find yours at all grating, sometimes they can be. It does end rather abruptly for me though, maybe a guitar solo or something would work as an outro?
Quote by Adam Amigo
Hey man, thanks for the technical feedback on my folk metal stuff. Had a listen to your track, and wow! Wasn't expecting that, not those sort of vocals mixed with the style of rock (sludge metal at an almost punk tempo is the best way for me to describe it) your are playing, the verse reminds me a little of Nathan Explosion from Metalocalypse. Is that more of a black metal style in the chorus? I'm not too familiar with growling/screaming, although I didn't find yours at all grating, sometimes they can be. It does end rather abruptly for me though, maybe a guitar solo or something would work as an outro?

Thanks Amigo - I appreciate the feedback. A couple of people have mentioned Nathan Explosion resemblence with my vocals. Not sure if a carton is the best thing to be compared to, but at this stage I'll take what I can get In terms of vocal styles I take a simple approach - Death Metal is deep growly growly; Black Metal is high pitched screechy screech. Purists would rip me apart on that definition I'm sure.

As for solos - again people have mentioned it in the past. The problem is I suck as a guitarist and really cant do soloing. I have a track awaiting mixing where I tried - I suspect when I release it people will likely see why I dont normally try.

Cheers
the guitars are too buzzy. the riff that goes under the trempicked part in 0:23-0:45 don't quite work for me either. your vocals are pretty clear which is cool, but while your BM vocals are decent (reminds me of early mayhem) i think your DM vocals lack power. your drum sound and mixing is great. nice effort overall

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1682971
the guitar tone reminds me of some old school doom, the vocals weren't bad but they didn't really fit the mix too much. It has a cool feel to it where it's old school and dark.
Makes me think of like some kind of black metal Rush.
In the best possible way.
are you playing everything?