Most likely higher quality converters, better drivers and probably support for higher sample rates. If you're just starting out I guess it wouldn't matter much, but if you're thinking of miking more sources (cab, vocals, etc.) interface makes more sense in the long run.

If we're talking M-Audio Fastrack vs the processor's interface...probably not much. Are you really dead set on the M-Audio? There are better (Mackie, PreSonus, Focusrite, Roland) interface options for around same price.
Last edited by diabolical at Jul 25, 2015,
Quote by diabolical
Most likely higher quality converters, better drivers and probably support for higher sample rates. If you're just starting out I guess it wouldn't matter much, but if you're thinking of miking more sources (cab, vocals, etc.) interface makes more sense in the long run.

If we're talking M-Audio Fastrack vs the processor's interface...probably not much. Are you really dead set on the M-Audio? There are better (Mackie, PreSonus, Focusrite, Roland) interface options for around same price.

no problem is that i already have an m-audio fasttrack and i was considering getting a digitechrp360x or a pod hd500x and wanted to make sure i'm not buying the same thing twice.
You're buying the processors, the USB interface is kinda becoming common on these, which is not a bad thing. I don't know which would sound better but say you're on a road trip and want to jam and record, you can take one thing less, I just take my GT-10 and leave the interface at home.