So I have a Peavey Vyper VIP 3 (100 watts)
Amazing amp for electric guitar. So for, mediocre as an acoustic amp.
For bass, I love it. But somethings missing.
I bought this amp because I didn't really have the space for 3 different amps,
and I don't have a car so it was the biggest I could carry back and forth between shows.
I wanted to know if anyone had any opinions on how I should set the amp up for Bass?
I play in a rock band similar to Foo fighters/Chili peppers I guess.
Let me know your thoughts.
I have the vip 1. I find the Trace Eliot emulation to be the best sounding channel. Just set all your tone controls at 12 o'clock and don't add any effects or stompboxes besides a little compression (both controls at 12 o'clock). Go from there and boost or cut whatever you do or don't like. It should give you a decent sound! But it is obviously not ideal as a bass amp. 100 watts is not a lot of power for bass. Most suggest at least 300 watts for small shows.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
You will kill the speaker on the guitar amp playing it at loud volume with a bass. The "amp" section will handle it though. Don't do it. as pointed out by another poster 100 Watts is a toy or practice bass amp. And yes I also agree with the poster you will need 300-400 Watts to get over a drummer playing that style of music. If space & size is a issue you could get by with a 200 Watt combo as long as it has a 15" speaker and you have a DI to plug into the PA to fill the room
Last edited by Yola_Yola at Jul 26, 2015,
Use a SansAmp DI/Preamp or even a venerable Yamaha PB-1 into the House sound. or into a powered PA Cabinet.

That will do the trick.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B