if you listen to either one of these two tracks you'll notice that the audio includes a lot of distortion or whatever you call it

cracking sounds basically, either bad recording or maybe a bad vinyl rip

any way to remove this, 'clean it up' (with free software preferibly)

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Sounds like the recordings were clipping causing distortion on the peaks. Once this is printed to the digital track it becomes part of the music. I would re-record it and get a clean copy.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
That would be hard to achieve as the author is pushing up daisies. Thanks for the info tho.

Oh you mean the vinyl. My vinyl has the same distortion honestly. Might be even a bit worse cause of some scratches.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Jul 25, 2015,
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
That one is from the album Rimska cesta, I already have it in much higher quality. The one I'm looking for is from the single Napisi padajo, along with the song of the same name.

They are similar but not the same, the second one includes more instruments and musicians. His singing style and voice are also much more remeniscant of his debut album Odpotovanja than they are of Rimska cesta, which came out more than a decade later.

edit: Sorry , album version has more instruments, single version has early singing style.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Jul 25, 2015,
Do you have access to a copy of the vinyl?

EDIT: you do (just woke up, not seeing everything), try to see if you can get some of this stuff: http://recordrevirginizer.com/index.html
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Jul 25, 2015,
Ripping from records is a pain. how well the turntable is set up and how cared for the record is will have huge effects. Not only that, but a poorer quality motor and suspension will cause inconsistent speed, and transmit vibrations to the platter further increasing distortion. How well the cartridges aligned, again, can lead to problems. If it's tracking too heavy, you'll get increased distortion as the stylus will really start scraping into the record, which obviously causes extra noise.