https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinelese_people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaPYwlXOTzQ

am I the only person who finds this insane? if these people have really been isolated couldn't we just go take one (govts have done much worse) and look at them to look at how evolution has affected then different from 'us'. watch that video, how different are they than the typical indian person?
I've read about this before.

there's like 500 other isolated peoples too.

I say let them do what they want without interference. some have decided on their own to establish some contact, but obviously we shouldn't force anything and there's always the risk of accidentally killing all of them via disease (there have been recent occurrences of some groups being almost entirely killed off this way).

I kind of find it insane too though. just the idea that there's almost like a parallel universe/history that exists separately from 'the rest of the world'. kind of hard to imagine.
if they had evolved to be significantly and biologically different than everyone else, would racism against them be valid?
This was all of us a few hundred thousand years ago or whenever we left Africa. It's like a window into prehistory.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I like how the guy does a silly, happy dance in an attempt to communicate.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
It would be interesting to throw a camera on the island and see how they live. Pretty mindblowing that they are just on that island doing their own thing without any contact from civilization.
The Sentinelese maintain an essentially hunter-gatherer society subsisting through hunting, fishing, and collecting wild plants. There is no evidence of either agricultural practices or methods of producing fire.

We should throw them my mixtape asap.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Jackintehbox
if they had evolved to be significantly and biologically different than everyone else, would racism against them be valid?

Conversely, would it be wrong to **** them?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by slipknot5678

I say let them do what they want without interference. some have decided on their own to establish some contact, but obviously we shouldn't force anything and there's always the risk of accidentally killing all of them via disease (there have been recent occurrences of some groups being almost entirely killed off this way).

the Cockatoo speaks wisdom.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
BRB, buying a torch so I can convince them I'm God.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I was doped out of my gourd when i discovered these guys/wrote this but the fascination remains. is 50000 years enough time for them to have evolved to be significantly different from us? if they have language they can't be that different
Quote by genghisgandhi
50000 years enough time for them to have evolved to be significantly different from us?

I sincerely doubt it. 50000 years is still a blip in time for substantial evolutionary processes to take the limelight, and even then, their environment would have to be radically different from how the rest of humanity lives (protein intake, hydration, metabolism, etc.)

They still feel the same emotions as everyone else, I'd imagine. They simply haven't been thrust into machine-worlds like most of the rest of humanity has.
Quote by Zaphikh
and even then, their environment would have to be radically different from how the rest of humanity lives (protein intake, hydration, metabolism, etc.)

...which I imagine it is. I doubt they have great agriculture or animal husbandry on an island the size of Manhattan
Quote by genghisgandhi
...which I imagine it is. I doubt they have great agriculture or animal husbandry on an island the size of Manhattan

Even then, there would need to be a link between their food intake and how it directly affects their genetic code. They are socially different, but I sincerely doubt that if you were to take a Sentinelese infant and implant them into Western society (without any influence from their family), they'd be any different than you or I.
Quote by Zaphikh
I sincerely doubt it. 50000 years is still a blip in time for substantial evolutionary processes to take the limelight, and even then, their environment would have to be radically different from how the rest of humanity lives (protein intake, hydration, metabolism, etc.)

They still feel the same emotions as everyone else, I'd imagine. They simply haven't been thrust into machine-worlds like most of the rest of humanity has.

It depends what you mean by progress. In fact, less than 10,000 years was plenty of time to cause a large change in gene regulation in regards to lactase production after weaning.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It depends what you mean by progress. In fact, less than 10,000 years was plenty of time to cause a large change in gene regulation in regards to lactase production after weaning.

Yeah, I realized all the holes of that statement minutes after posting it. 50000 years is enough time to change some things, especially with direct intervention (gene manipulation).
Quote by Zaphikh
Yeah, I realized all the holes of that statement minutes after posting it. 50000 years is enough time to change some things, especially with direct intervention (gene manipulation).

It all depends on extent. It's long enough for there to be some significant differences due to their particular environment and societal development; but probably not long enough for speciation.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Their arms look a bit long
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Are these the people that chase/kill off outsiders? I remember hearing something about a group like this that attacked a shipwrecked crew that washed up on their island.
you saw this recently on imgur didnt you lol
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
you saw this recently on imgur didnt you lol

Reddit

But was a small sub, not one of the big ones