Well I have an opportunity at an Epiphone Thunderhorse http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-limited-edition-brendon-small-thunderhorse-explorer-electric-guitar
and one thing throwing me is the resin fingerboard. It seems to be a good shape, and durable material, but I'm wondering about tonal properties and future cleaning. Anyone have any experience with these? (Honestly the guitar just looks awesome to me, and sounds pretty good over youtube. But...It's youtube...)
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
I'd wouldn't worry about it. I imagine it's going to be something like Richlite, which is a really strong and durable material. You only need to clean it as you would a maple fretboard. With a clean rag.

Tonally, the fingerboard really doesn't matter very much, if at all. There's a long list of things that are so much more important.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by GraceByDeath

and one thing throwing me is the resin fingerboard. It seems to be a good shape, and durable material, but I'm wondering about tonal properties and future cleaning.

No issues. Martin has been using them for years, Parker as well, and the Richlite/Micarta boards that Gibson uses are nearly identical.
Well I might actually be getting a Schecter ATX V-1 in Satin White instead. Thanks for the assistance.=D
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.