a bunch
14 42%
a medium amount
13 39%
only a few
6 18%
Voters: 33.
Page 1 of 2
recently i've come down with a gi illness that has caused me to rapidly lose weight
eating can be pretty difficult but i discovered that a fruit smoothie caused me very little pain

so i'm gaining weight back via smoothies now. i'm eating other things in small bits so that i can exceed 2000 calories a day. i don't know how many calories i burn every day, especially since i'm pretty sick, so i just picked 2000 as the generic amount.

for the last few mornings i've put things into a blender like almond milk, peanut butter, chocolate, bananas, and weird protein powder things (much atrophy). i measured everything out today and it comes out to about 1000 calories and a bunch of fat and stuff

today i didn't have a banana tho and it's been tough.
talk about smoothies you make or why you don't make smoothies
I've lost 12kgs in the last 2/3 months because I've counted calories and only eaten roughly 1500 a day.

Kind of hit a plateau on it and I've barely lost any weight over the last couple of weeks, even when eating at a 1000 calorie deficit, so I'm going to slowly work it back up and do more exercise in the hope that it'll boost my metabolism.

I don't drink smoothies because they contain so much sugar that it's ridiculous. Don't really get any calories through drinks because I don't drink soft drinks, fruit juice, coffee, tea etc. I pretty much exclusively drink water or occasionally drink a glass of milk. I try to drink 2-2.5 litres of water a day.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by Eastwinn

talk about smoothies you make or why you don't make smoothies

effort
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
this made me hungry

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
i need to start making high calorie smoothies to gain some weight back, but i don't like cleaning the blender when i'm done.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
^ just put soap in it and make a soap smoothie ?

Quote by JamSessionFreak
this made me hungry

okay so open the blender
put in 1/2 a cup of almond milk right?
then go get some peanut butter and scopp 1/2 a cup in there too
that's a lot of peanut butter
then do some chocolate. i use a combo of syrup and powder
put banana in
ice or whatever
protein powder ????
vroom vroom

eat that and get really fat w/ me
I've put on about 15kg or so over the last year.

Still, that's not uncommon when you go from having a very restricted diet to a "**** it, eat what you like" diet.

Anyway, **** smoothies. Milkshakes are where it's at.

If you think you're too old for a milkshake, then you're ready for death
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I do 50/50 mix of fruits and veggies

or something like 50/45/5 veggies fruit protein powder

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I kinda want to get into smoothies but I never do.

Unless you're really tiny, it would have to be a pretty big smoothie. Like a bath full.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I eat a lot, but my work keeps me at my current weight
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Quote by Eastwinn
^ just put soap in it and make a soap smoothie ?

okay so open the blender
put in 1/2 a cup of almond milk right?
then go get some peanut butter and scopp 1/2 a cup in there too
that's a lot of peanut butter
then do some chocolate. i use a combo of syrup and powder
put banana in
ice or whatever
protein powder ????
vroom vroom

eat that and get really fat w/ me

sorry i already chowed down on some sandviches

can i use regular milk instead of almond tho?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I put avocados or chia seeds in my smoothies to add calories and fat.

The avocados are the best. They get to a really dreamy smooth texture. You've just gotta sweeten the smoothie a bit, but it takes lots of other flavors surprisingly well
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

milk
chocolate protein
fruity gelato or vanilla ice cream
peanut butter
banana
fine ground oats
some times greek yogurt

absolute cluster**** of a smoothie designed for the sole purpose of lazy gains, but it's actually surprisingly good.
I went vegan and ruined my life.
I eat rice, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, protein supplements, cabbage, oatmeal crisp with almond milk and broccoli every single day.

Try all that in a smoothie and let me know.

EDIT: if you wanna bulk up, Try Mutant Mass.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Last edited by Seth Shadows at Jul 26, 2015,
hud on GI things

I've never made a smoothie so I can't really help you but I've made some pretty good vegetable/fruit juices if you want those
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Seth Shadows
I went vegan and ruined my life.
I eat rice, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, protein supplements, cabbage, oatmeal crisp with almond milk and broccoli every single day.

Try all that in a smoothie and let me know.

EDIT: if you wanna bulk up, Try Mutant Mass.

i'm pretty sure i won't be able to keep that down
probably looks like puke tbh

i'm not trying to bulk up, i'm trying to not waste away
Damn, that sucks dude. Glad to hear you've found a way to get up to a healthier weight.

In response to the poll, I have no idea and it probably varies wildly from day to day. Some days I eat lots of fast food crap, other days it's more homecooked stuff that's pretty decent health-wise, other days it's microwaving frozen stuff. I've been lucky in that I've never really had a problem with my weight, so I've never worried about it, other than when I started to get to that borderline overweight area (fatter face, little bit of a belly) after I got out of the teenage high metabolism phase but was still eating like a teenager with a high metabolism, but all I had to do was back off on the amount I was eating a little and start drinking water instead of cokes.
Quote by Eastwinn

Serious time: has your doctor referred you to a dietician?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Eastwinn

Get well soon!

I love Avocado smoothie/shake, very popular in Brazil, Vietnam, and Philippines. I blend it with condensed, sweetened milk, ice cubes, and whole milk. An ex-GF used to be grossed out by the color but now she loves it.
I might make smoothies if my parents didn't have the worst blender in the world

and I dont know if id actually use a blender enough to justify buying my own
Quote by Amuro Jay
I have a GI problem and although I don't have difficulty eating most foods I do have difficulty digesting a lot of them, so most breakfasts I just have a fruit smoothie and for the rest of the day I have to follow strict guidelines for what I eat.

One time a buddy came down with stomach problems and was restricted to a liquid diet. Since he is a burrito freak, I blended a whole rotisserie chicken with tomatoes, avocado, rice gruel, etc. without too much of the spices so it was pretty bland, He drank a whole chicken.
On the subject of GI problems...

Right then. This here(you'll have to copy/paste or something if you're really determined) is my ascending, transverse and descending colon, after being removed around 12 or 13 years back. It's been opened up, obviously, because the pathology department do that kind of thing, but it does show the inflammation and ulcers rather well.
http://i58.tinypic.com/33c9hj6.jpg
Quote by Diemon Dave
Admittedly, taking a picture of a rather dusty photo in poor light wasn't exactly the best idea, so it doesn't quite convey the full ick.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I might make smoothies if my parents didn't have the worst blender in the world

and I dont know if id actually use a blender enough to justify buying my own

Nvm I just ordered a blender lol
1900 a day atm.

keeps my weight stable while I am lazing around and the random work out I do has good effect.

wish I could get the motivation to keep exercising regularly and bump that up to maybe 2300 and so could just eat whatever.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
also when we were growing up we weren't allowed most desserts (cause dairy and sugar) and the vegan ones we could have tasted awful. we ate loads of fruit though and smoothies were basically dessert.

old bananas would go in the freezer for smoothie use. I don't make them much these days because eating fruit whole is less work prepping and cleaning up and I can't seem to keep lots of liquid down anyway (more than 250ml at once) any more unless it's water (and that is just barely)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
i'm keen on summer fruits so usualy strawberry blueberry raspberry blackberry
yoghurt for thickness
milk for smoothness
done
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
EDIT: ^Yeh pretty much this. I use smoothies for fruit, not protein.

I don't make smoothies because I don't have a blender, but if I did, they would involve lots of berries (mehbeh a tangerine or two and some yogurt).

I <3 berries
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Jul 26, 2015,
Quote by Baby Joel
i'm keen on summer fruits so usualy strawberry blueberry raspberry blackberry
yoghurt for thickness
milk for smoothness
done

literally the worst fruits out there

all about the mango 💯
mango is very nice. good flavour. I'm not keen on the way it affects texture. Sometimes makes the smoothie too creamy and thick. And although I like many tropical flavours, I find it hard to tolerate them in high amounts.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Page 1 of 2