Poll: Which one
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one
Gibson SG Standard
11 58%
Schecter BlackJack ATX C-1
8 42%
Voters: 19.
I've narrowed it down to these 2 guitars.
They both cost about the same (about 1.2k USD).
I know I can't go wrong with either of them but still..
At least I'd like to know which one in your experience/knowledge would last longer (as in longevity)

Thanks!
i'd rather have the sg but they're both quite different guitars

longevity shouldn't really matter. they both should last.

well maybe not the gibson if you drop it on its headstock
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Go with the Schecter. Their quality control is incredible, their guitars are really well-made, and they play like a dream. Every time I play a guitar that I think is an amazing guitar, I'll pick up a Schecter and it will blow the previous guitar out of the water.
holy shit they must have really improved since i last tried them
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm surprised they cost the same where you are. In the US the Gibson costs twice as much.

I agree with Dave, both should last essentially forever with some basic maintenance. Any decently made guitar should last as long as you care to keep it, barring major damage or abuse.
Quote by Dave_Mc
holy shit they must have really improved since i last tried them

I almost bought a Schecter Tempest Custom a few years back (2011 or so).
Played like a dream and appeared to be very well built.
But then a 2001 Gibson Explorer showed up in the same shop one day, and that was on my "Must Buy" list.
Why those two guitars? They're very, very different from one another.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'd go with the SG because I like the classic look and feel of them, but they don't have 24 frets so I haven't had one in awhile. Why does it matter which one WE would pick? Ask yourself questions like how many frets you want, the pickups, body style, etc. It's all personal opinion and they're two completely different guitars. Now I'm feeling the Schecter lol
Quote by Roc8995
I'm surprised they cost the same where you are. In the US the Gibson costs twice as much.

It's funny this way, and also why I'd never consider anything from Schecter, Ltd, or PRS SE at current prices in Europe. They've all had a 30% increase this year. Gibson went up with their much debated price increase, but are now discounted almost all the way down to 2014-levels again.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Really depends on what you play, and what you prefer in a guitar as they are very different.

I love my C7 ATX blackjack, but wouldnt want to play AC/DC on it you know?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Buy the Schecter from a eBay seller in the USA who will ship it to you. You’ll save hundreds of dollars and not have a to a luthier to replace the garbage robot tuners, adjustable nut, and zero fret. And a Schecter is much less likely to have quality problems than a Gibson.

Also, Gibson has just started dropping prices on the 2015 models in the USA—but they still cost more than the leftover 2014 models. If you wait a few months the prices will probably have dropped more, and been dropped worldwide, which should help cover the cost of removing the 2015 garbage parts.
Really depends. I play Schecters better than I play just about anything. That particular neck shape is my favorite actually. lol So I voted for that.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
The correct answer is to play both (as well as every other guitar you can find) and buy the one that you like best.

However....

If you are someone who has always dreamed of owning a Gibson, no other guitar will satisfy that urge. You could end up buying the guitar which seemed better at the time, but part of you will still GAS for the guitar you always dreamed of. Sometimes dreams need to be shattered before you can move on. Of course, it's just as likely that you could get that guitar of your dreams & live happily ever after.

Until it happens you will never know.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Ummm, in my opinion...
Schecter is known for solid QC in just about any price range.
Gibson is known for increasingly terrible QC, as well as horribly unjustified inflated prices.

I wouldn't hesitate even for a second.

As usual of course, it's a good idea to play both and see which one you like more, but being comfortable to play is hardly Gibson's specialty either.
Quote by CodeMonk
I almost bought a Schecter Tempest Custom a few years back (2011 or so).
Played like a dream and appeared to be very well built.
But then a 2001 Gibson Explorer showed up in the same shop one day, and that was on my "Must Buy" list.

Yeah. I probably overexaggerated there for comedic effect. The ones I tried (admittedly, ages ago, and admittedly, in Sound Control, which was I guess kind of like the UK's GC before it went out of business, so the stuff maybe wasn't in the best nick) were absolutely fine, I just felt they were a bit meh. Also Schecter is pretty dear here (I think because SC had an exclusive dealership of them) and at the time you could get the washburn pro series, which I thought were nicer, for about half the price. which didn't exactly help my opinion of them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Schecter in the last 10 years somehow went from has-beens to way underrated as both a company (QC, support, reliability, etc) and as products (their lineup top to bottom is pretty damn good).

But this comparison makes no sense, lol. Like what are you going to be playing? They're just completely different guitars with completely different feels. Personally i've hated every SG i've ever picked up, so i'd go with the Blackjack. But i'd want some more information before recommending one for you.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
What you need is a new amp, and I'd recommend Mesa Boogie's Recto-Verb 25
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here