Absolute tomfoolery happened with this one, I originally had a full video to go with this as well. But the guitar track's data got mixed in with other data, and that's no fun. Also I've had this pedal since Wednesday of last week, I just haven't had a chance to review it since. Anyways, here is a short produced track demo that didn't get messed up, as I try my hand at E mixolydian..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRZ2AYUMnng

The DOD Boneshaker is a new dirt box from Digitech/Black Art Toneworks. It boasts a tight range for extended range guitars and basses. It has 9 parameters: Gain, Depth, Volume, Bass Freq, Bass Freq Gain, Mid Freq, Mid Freq Gain, Treble Freq, Treble Frequency Gain. Yes, it has a 3-band parametric EQ. It is also a very gainy pedal, that track had the gain at the minimal setting.

As far as tonality goes, I would say it is a blend between fuzz and overdrive. It is not something in between the two, but a blend. The raspy, fart-y fuzz characteristics are really present when boosting certain frequencies or cranking the gain. The uncompressed, openness overdrive are also apparent at lower settings. But throughout the whole range of the gain, the Boneshaker blends the two into something aggressive and unique.

The Para EQ works wonders. That feature alone makes it a very versatile dirt box. It can help any guitarist match their rig, whether they might want to cut highs with an AC30 or boost mids with a HRD.

When I first got my pedal, I thought it was broken. I noticed that the gain knob and the frequency selectors didn't seem to do anything before 12 o' clock. I went on TGP and asked Tom Cram about it. Those long throws are actually to help give "different shades of dirt" and to "overdrive the eq". When I was demoing the pedal (which I lost :c) I didn't notice such a thing very much, although you can somewhat tame the pedal as well by cutting the EQ some on the long throw of the frequency selectors. So rather than reducing just one frequency, you kind of have 3 tone knobs for a whole EQ band. I imagine it would be more apparent with extended range guitars/basses. As well as you can adjust the individual frequencies as well. The depth knob as well is noticeable for me at higher gain settings, but of course would work wonders for low instruments.

As far as build quality, I'd say I'm most worried about the switch. It is surely not a soft touch switch, and I don't imagine you would ever use this rowdy pedal in a case where a loud clink would be distracting or even heard. That rough clink is the same kind of clink the EHX Soul Food has, and the switch mine has is on its way out. But I'm going to get some 3PDT switches soon anyway.

To be honest, when I first actually worked with the pedal, I was a little disappointed. Not because I was expecting to sound like all the demo artists who I listened to, but because I couldn't get out of it what I thought I could. But the longer I worked with it, the more I could coax that aggressive, dark-mid, sparkly grime I wanted out of it. Works great for solo lines as well. Into the EHX Soul Food, the mid boost and added gain gives the tone a full character.

My settings (clock positions): Gain: 12, Depth: Max, Volume: 12+, Bass F: 1, Mid F: -Max, Treble F: 2, Bass G: 1, Mid G: 1, Treble G: 2

8/17/2015: With a bit more experience, I've learned that this pedal really likes bridge humbuckers. Especially with the treble cut just a bit, the bridge setting helps to fulfill some gnarly tones. With the neck humbucker setting, the lower bass frequencies send the sound into a thumpier, rounder tone. I now use settings like what LRGD uses in his intro clip, a bit less highs cut though and a higher midrange emphasis.
Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 17, 2015,
Nice, sounds like fun, looks like Digitech is ripping off EQD's aesthetics. Just based off the video it sounds like it'd be a good match with the AC30.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Been looking at this'n for a while. Thanks for the review, and, of course, HNPD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
interesting wasn't even going to consider this pedal but after hearing it i dunno might be interested. cool playing different than what i expected.
Nice Maybe rolling down the bass would make it less fuzzy? (If you want that.)

Nice colour of tele too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah. I mean, if that's the tone you want, you obviously set it like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?