i have a powered mixer. looks like a head more than a mixer. but its 150 watts two sides at 4 ohms. but this is where it gets confusing. each side has A and B connections.

first. i heard that if i have two matching speakers i plug them both into A L&R? or do i plug A on left and B on right? lol

second, it says A or b 4 or 8 ohms and A AND B 4ohms. but im so lost here with the four connections...... so if i have two speakers each 8 ohms? ill have 4 ohms right? or if they are matched and sold as 8 ohms they already calculated for you?

and if i want to plug 4 speakers!?!??! 16 ohm speaker load/4= 4 ohm? in which case how will i plug them all in lmao? A or B?!?

im totally new to PA sound systems. and even the effects loop on amps has me mystified
It sounds like a stereo internal power amp and each side can run 4-8 ohms.

One pair of speakers 4-8 ohms- use "A" outputs.
Two pair of speakers 8 ohms minimum each- use A&B outputs.

You can also decide to run in stereo, or run mono with one side powering your mains and the other side powering your monitors. Handy for different applications.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 27, 2015,
cool. thanks. that helps clears things up.

what would you recommend i use if i play metal at home and jazzy bluesy latin flavors at gigs?

do i need a subwoofer?

8,10,12,15 inch speaker? how many?
nvm i see you answered that question in my other thread. i really should have combined them.
Quote by janjuko
cool. thanks. that helps clears things up.

what would you recommend i use if i play metal at home and jazzy bluesy latin flavors at gigs?

do i need a subwoofer?

8,10,12,15 inch speaker? how many?

How much cash have you got?
$500? Get two quality speakers 12 or 15" doesn't matter which size. ( Yamaha, EV, JBL, Mackie, Carvin)
$1000? Get 2 mains and 2 monitors
$5000? Get 2mains, 2 monitors, 2 powered subs

I used to own subs but sold them. I prefer to rent sound for large shows rather than act as a moving and storage company for huge heavy-ass boxes. You don't currently have enough power to run subs anyways. YMMV
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
yea i just found that out now....... id say under 500. thanks for the recommendations ill check em out.