Voters: 45.
Page 1 of 2
as if you made a thread
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

the answer is blowing in the wind
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I don't think I have ever heard a Bob Dylan song where the original was better than most covers. I'm not even sure why people cover his songs anyway since they aren't good.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
I don't think I have ever heard a Bob Dylan song where the original was better than most covers. I'm not even sure why people cover his songs anyway since they aren't good.

Try this one on for size...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwnmmz1S37o

One of the best...if not THE best cover version of any song I ever heard.

The only other one that could be better than that is Johnny Cash's version of NIN's Hurt.
is best jew

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
is best jew

Nice try.

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Almost every cover of his songs are better than his own. Great writer, terrible singer/performer
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by korinaflyingv
bliss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seh3WQddqzs

lol no. everyone tries to cover his songs and NOBODY can ****ing sing them. actually quite like that miley cyrus one though.

I call your Miley Cyrus and raise you one Jimmy Fallon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Itfq746tA

Point...Game...Match....Checkmate...Jack trumps Ace of Spades...Gotcha!!!
Last edited by davidyanity at Jul 27, 2015,
Quote by davidyanity

Not really.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmLaysHObcU

this is better. forgot about this. best dylan cover ever, way better than the original. hendrix was a **** for covering watchtower. made one of dylan's worst songs slightly worse.

Quote by davidyanity

The only other one that could be better than that is Johnny Cash's version of NIN's Hurt.

how so? it's so lame. just so so lame. O LOOK A SONG WITH A SHIT CHORD PROGRESSION BUT P GOOD LYRICS I KNOW WHAT IMA DO IM A COVER IT AND DRAW WAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE SHITTY ****IN CHORD PROGRESSION O AND IM GUNA PLAY ONE OF MY MOST BORING EVERRR GUITAR SOLOS O AND THEN ANOTHER ONE AND A ****IN NOTHER ONE
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Jul 27, 2015,
95% of modern teens listn 2 Dylan electric work

Liek if ur 5% who still ACOUSTIC OR DEAD
I like him. Sure he's a shit singer, but I don't care. His lyrics are great. Covers of his songs may have better instrumentation or better singing voices, but I still tend to like the original versions better because the way that he spaces out the words, where he puts the emphasis, and the tone of his voice (dramatic, sarcastic, sad, happy, etc.) is just perfect and those are parts that covers tend to mess with.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I like him. Sure he's a shit singer, but I don't care. His lyrics are great. Covers of his songs may have better instrumentation or better singing voices, but I still tend to like the original versions better because the way that he spaces out the words, where he puts the emphasis, and the tone of his voice (dramatic, sarcastic, sad, happy, etc.) is just perfect and those are parts that covers tend to mess with.

yeeeep
Quote by raoooos at #33520126
95% of modern teens listn 2 Dylan electric work

Liek if ur 5% who still ACOUSTIC OR DEAD

huu
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Is brilliant.

Bob Dylan gets a in my book
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Agree with the "excellent music writer, not an amazing voice" opinion.

Though, as has been stated, the tone and expression with which he sings is quite unimitable.

"HEEEEEEEEEEEY Mr. Tambourine man, play a song for me, I'm not sleepy, and there is no place I'm going to.."
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
This is one of my personal favourites:

https://youtu.be/IlX01Z3HIlc

(Though this isn't the version I have..I can't seem to find any original Dylan songs on Youtube...most of them don't even sound like it's actually him singing)
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by korinaflyingv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmLaysHObcU

this is better. forgot about this. best dylan cover ever, way better than the original. hendrix was a **** for covering watchtower. made one of dylan's worst songs slightly worse.

how so? it's so lame. just so so lame. O LOOK A SONG WITH A SHIT CHORD PROGRESSION BUT P GOOD LYRICS I KNOW WHAT IMA DO IM A COVER IT AND DRAW WAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE SHITTY ****IN CHORD PROGRESSION O AND IM GUNA PLAY ONE OF MY MOST BORING EVERRR GUITAR SOLOS O AND THEN ANOTHER ONE AND A ****IN NOTHER ONE

David Draiman is that you? But seriously...

Fair Enough. But just to let you know...There are many decaffeinated brands available on the market that taste just as good as the real thing.
Last edited by davidyanity at Jul 27, 2015,
My favorite Dylan song is probably Bob Dylan's 115th Dream because it's just a whimsical story and i'm a sucker for songs that are whimsical stories.

My favorite is Cementville, by Ghost Mice.
Bob Dylan's lyrics and songwriting are on a whole other level. There's Bob, and then there's the Beatles, and then there's the rest.
Favourite Dylan lyrics anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbhRHzMWRvs

You hurt the ones that I love best
And cover up the truth with lies
One day you'll be in the ditch
Flies buzzin' round your eyes
Blood on your saddle

Quote by davidyanity
David Draiman is that you? But seriously...

Fair Enough. But just to let you know...There are many decaffeinated brands available on the market that taste just as good as the real thing.

There absolutely are not. Decaf does not taste as good. But if by that you mean 'covers are good' then I agree.
I like him. Great poet pretty good musician, I think his voice is awesome. No, its not pleasant, but I don't think he cares. It really makes his lyrics come alive, and that is what matters in a Dylan song.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Page 1 of 2