I have a 335 style schecter corsair. 2vol/2tone. I'm looking to rewire it with a single master volume(to clean up my drive sound regardless of switch position), which would leave me with one unused pot. I wouldn't be completely opposed I having a nothing pot on there, but would be interested instead in some sort of a control to add to the overall versatility.

Any ideas or experience with cool or different controls?
Maybe install a boost pot of some sort to replace the unused vol pot.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
What about a bass contour? It's one of those things I'd like to try out but never managed to

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
coil splits or series/parallel? assuming you don't have those already (it's a schecter so I'm guessing it might )

^ bass contour seems like a nice idea too, perhaps
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dannyryan007

Any ideas or experience with cool or different controls?

You don't need two tone knobs.
One can be a standard treble rolloff (what we call a tone knob)
The other can be a mids rolloff. Or you could have it be a sweepable mids cut.

And the fourth knob should be a "blend knob" (blends the two pickups when both are selected).
I've considered the blender knob. It's a schecter, but I retired it already with a more vintage wiring harness, so the push/pulls are gone. I was thinking too, maybe a rotary switch in the one position for series, parallel, and different coil selections... Hmmm