I recently tried a half stack for the first time. It was awesome. Four speakers make a huge difference.

Can you please tell me which cabinet is the best now for rock?
Mesa Boogie is not better? I thought you guys would say it is the best.
He said "industry standard," not "best."

If there were a best cab, we'd put it in a sticky and nobody would have to ask. The question itself is flawed.
^ Yeah. At very least you need to tell us what type of music you want to play (less vague than "rock", list some bands), what your amp is, what your guitar is and what your budget is (include the currency since where you live affects prices and availability).

And even then it's going to be strongly skewed by our own preferences, biases and experience level, not to mention what we've been able to try. But at least we should be able to find you something suitable which will work and be pretty decent, even if it's not categorically "the best".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like old, vintage tone that is warm. I love Jimi Hendrix.
Quote by NostraHistoria
I recently tried a half stack for the first time. It was awesome. Four speakers make a huge difference.

Can you please tell me which cabinet is the best now for rock?

Most 4x12s are standard issue 30" x 30" boxes with speakers bolted into them. Doesn't matter sonically whose name is on the box. Pick one you think is pretty or that has a cool logo. Usually it's the speakers that make them sound different from one another, and a good starting point is a set of Vintage30's.

4x12s have fallen into disfavor of late (except for bedroom players who think they're cool), and you should be able to buy a used one in good shape for close to $200. If you buy new, an Avatar with either Vintage30's or Hellatone60's (Vintage30's that have gone through a breaking-in process and that have been re-stickered) should be about $649. Cabinets made of cheaper materials, such as MDF, will be....uh...cheaper.

They beam treble, they're heavy and they're an unnecessary and clunky thing to haul around for most working musicians. But if you've got it propped up in a bedroom and if you're playing at bedroom volumes, it just doesn't matter.
Quote by diabolical
The industry standard 4x12 is Marshall 1960a, can be bought used for about $400-500.
For home playing...I'm not sure since it is quite a bit of overkill.

I think you could go 'overkill' on the head if you are only gonna use it at home.
At home I run a 2W boutique amp through my 1960a and it sounds great! (the amp, not my playing ).
Is it possible to have multiple heads that all go into the same cabinet and switch from each one?
Quote by SpiderM
I think you could go 'overkill' on the head if you are only gonna use it at home.
At home I run a 2W boutique amp through my 1960a and it sounds great! (the amp, not my playing ).

whats wrong with a 4x12" at home? i think i have seven or eight of them... i also have 15ish tube amps here.

FWIW i like orange and mesa the most for cabs, followed by marshall and avatar (in no particular order).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by NostraHistoria
I like old, vintage tone that is warm. I love Jimi Hendrix.

not that well up on hendrix but i think you want something vintage marshally, g12h30s (the bass 55hz ones? not certain... in fact he maybe used greenbacks, not sure), and a fuzz face. that'd get you pretty close.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You are wasting time grasshopper. Yours and ours.

This is your second thread now that starts off with a very vague request. This is what I posted in your other thread.

Quote by 311

TS (thread starter) - please provide the appropriate information that we require in order to help you. I personally am not going to go listen to your music to try to figure out what you play mostly. Just list the types or genres of music.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2

PS: You can use multiple heads with one speaker cabinet if you have a good head switcher - they are not cheap though. What is the reason for this?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

This is your second thread now that starts off with a very vague request. This is what I posted in your other thread.

PS: You can use multiple heads with one speaker cabinet if you have a good head switcher - they are not cheap though. What is the reason for this?

Yes. $260.

As Dave mentioned, for Hendricks, nothing beats the Greenback, For all around Rock, can't go wrong with Vintage 30s. The most beautiful 412 internals I've seen are Diezels and Bogners.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

I just want to play through one cabinet and two or more heads.
It can be done with a stereo cab and two heads, if you pick the correct cab. "Or more" is not really an option, practically speaking.

"I want to" isn't really the best reason to do this, honestly. Sharing a cab is generally a sub-optimal way of getting two amps going at the same time.
OP- its not worth it. i was looking into that a while ago (on a larger scale) and you may as well buy more cabs, or get used to plugging and unplugging.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks for your advice guys.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
whats wrong with a 4x12" at home?.

Nothing, we're in agreement ;-)