That’s a weird one. The guitar is a Solo-6 model. EMG pups and Grover tuners mean it should be in the upper end of Schecter’s mid-range imports, assuming they’re stock. I don’t think they put the bat inlays on any of the cheap guitars. So unless someone has upgraded the hell out a cheap model this is probably a steal at $100.
Solo 6 Damien, judging by the bat inlays. Still a good deal at $100.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Welp I was already buying a Japanese Jackson DKMG for $200, why not go ahead and get another deal?
I think its a 2010 Damien Solo. EMG HZ'S, bolt on neck, Grover Tuners, Bat inlays. I'd go for it, that's just me though.
Gear

B.C Rich Wave Signature
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Schecter BlackJack ATX FR
Schecter Omen 7

Bugera 6262 212
Blackstar ID15 TVP
Quote by PiercedBand
Welp I was already buying a Japanese Jackson DKMG for $200, why not go ahead and get another deal?

As long as you have the money! If you hate it just flip it for $200.
Quote by PiercedBand
There's a Schecter on Craigslist that I can't find any information on. Does anyone know what this is/should I throw a little bit of money at it?
http://stjoseph.craigslist.org/msg/5138639635.html

Its a great deal...well worth a hundred bucks!
"We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so." - BB King

"The thrill is being able to do it...even if you play it badly" - The Edge.

8 Guitars, 4 Amps, 3 Multi Pedals...and never done!
I bet I can get it for $90 or something, I like to spend as little money as possible ya know? Especially when the owner already prices it so low. I got an Epi Thunderbird, regular $300 one, with a case for $75 in perfect condition. And people say buying used is bad
Great deal. Pretty sure retail was around $400-$500. I know the "Damien Elite" series ran $499 and it had real EMGs and those things screamed so I'm assuming that sound be all this thing could use.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
I actually like the pickups, I had an LTD KH-502 with them and they weren't bad at all.
The Unknown Schecter.

Beneath that mask, it fights for Justice and....uh...er...
Quote by GraceByDeath
Pretty sure retail was around $400-$500.

Probably. Less expensive models have Duncan Designed pickups and generic tuners.
Quote by dspellman
The Unknown Schecter.

Beneath that mask, it fights for Justice and....uh...er...

For justice, metulz, and good price/quality ratio.

Quote by jpnyc
Probably. Less expensive models have Duncan Designed pickups and generic tuners.

I have no idea how it was in the previous years, but as far as I know, Damiens usually had regular EMGs (81/85 mostly). The Blackjack series uses Seymour Duncans of all sorts, and the Demon has Duncan Designed actives.
Quote by TheLiberation
For justice, metulz, and good price/quality ratio.

I have no idea how it was in the previous years, but as far as I know, Damiens usually had regular EMGs (81/85 mostly). The Blackjack series uses Seymour Duncans of all sorts, and the Demon has Duncan Designed actives.

Back several years ago, when this particular guitar is from, the Damien series had EMGhzs, the bat inlays, and bolt on necks. Then they split into the Damien Elite and Damien Platinum series. Both have the 81/85 set, while the elite is still bolt on neck, with cross inlays, and the platinum is set neck, with the bat inlays.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
^correct
FWIW, EMGhz sound awesome thru solid states.
OP, I had a damien v-1 back in the day. Put alot of miles on it and gigged with it. For $100 Id give it shot.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
I don't think its a Damien as I just got one. That one is mat black and the little truss rod cover only looks to have 1 word on it. Mine has Damian Solo Elite.
I think its one of their lower end solo-6 maybe just a diamond or maybe a deluxe model?
Quote by higgins909
I don't think its a Damien as I just got one. That one is mat black and the little truss rod cover only looks to have 1 word on it. Mine has Damian Solo Elite.
I think its one of their lower end solo-6 maybe just a diamond or maybe a deluxe model?

It most likely just says Damien or Solo 6. Yours is a "Damien Elite" in the solo shape if your stock truss rod cover says that. It also has Abalone Crosses on it right?
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by higgins909

there's been several different versions of the Damien over the years. And the Damien Elite series just got a slight redesign last year, so if you just bought one, it may be a very new model. One thing that has stayed consistent though, is that they have never put the bat inlays on anything that didn't have "Damien" in the name, one way or another.

That's most definitely a Damien, likely from like 2004 or earlier. 2009 was when they split into the Damien Elite and Damien Platinum lines (along with the Damien Special, for a little bit), but they had stopped making the original Damien in the Solo 6 shape years before that.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Last edited by the_bi99man at Aug 3, 2015,