Hi guys, I am asking for opinion.. I play electric guitar for many years now and I never had acoustic guitar. I'm buying one for fooling around, I am not going for the best and most expensive one lol.
I decided to buy either Yamaha FG700s or APX500iii because I like them both. FG700s sounds fuller to me with more bass but APX500iii has electronics (that's not a must have but I like the idea of being able to play it plugged in). What do you think?
One more thing, I know FG700s has solid top, what about apx500iii? At my local shop they said it is a solid top however on Yamaha website it just says spruce, it doesn't say is it a solid top or laminate and we all know what that means lol
Quote by kocky
Hi guys, I am asking for opinion.. I play electric guitar for many years now and I never had acoustic guitar. I'm buying one for fooling around, I am not going for the best and most expensive one lol.
I decided to buy either Yamaha FG700s or APX500iii because I like them both. FG700s sounds fuller to me with more bass but APX500iii has electronics (that's not a must have but I like the idea of being able to play it plugged in). What do you think?
One more thing, I know FG700s has solid top, what about apx500iii? At my local shop they said it is a solid top however on Yamaha website it just says spruce, it doesn't say is it a solid top or laminate and we all know what that means lol

If that were true, you wouldn't need to ask...

Buy the one you like better, it's not a life-altering decision.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin