Hi UG,

I have an Ibanez RGT42FX that has been sitting in my room basically untouched for the last few years and I'm wondering if anybody has any idea how much it might be worth? When I first got it I immediately changed out the crappy INF pickups for a set of EMG 81/85's. Guitar is in like new condition as it never left my basement, was never smoked around, and never scratched or dinged.

Any guesses on how much I might be able to sell this bad boy for would be greatly appreciated!
the first step to failure is trying.
Quote by harm0n20
Hi UG,

I have an Ibanez RGT42FX that has been sitting in my room basically untouched for the last few years and I'm wondering if anybody has any idea how much it might be worth? When I first got it I immediately changed out the crappy INF pickups for a set of EMG 81/85's. Guitar is in like new condition as it never left my basement, was never smoked around, and never scratched or dinged.

Any guesses on how much I might be able to sell this bad boy for would be greatly appreciated!

~$300 would be a place to start.

do you have the original pickups? if not swap them back and sell the EMG's separately. you don't get money back from mods.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/