At the moment, I've got 2 choices of cab, both 16 Ohms

1. Kustom Defender 1x12 open back cab, plywood construction.
2. Vox V112TV 1x12 closed back cab, particle board construction.

I have 2 amps I am planning to use a cab with.

1. Vox AC4TV-10 I bought years ago, may benefit from a 1x12 cab.
2. Upcoming 5 watt Hotone purple wind amp.

Both cab I can get for about the same price, with the vox V112TV slightly more expensive.

My budget is for these 2 cab choices only and I have no intention to get used or other brands (out of my price range and can't find a used 1x12 here at the price i want).

If i am limited to these 2, which one would you go for if you are me ?
thats a tough one. i prefer ply to particle board, but i like closed back over open.

i haven't tried either, i honestly would just go with which looks prettier.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I don't like open backs, but I've owned a particle board cab and I never will again. Good construction and materials is more important than open vs closed. Get the Kustom.

Are you positive those are your only choices? Could you list your budget and location?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I don't like open backs, but I've owned a particle board cab and I never will again. Good construction and materials is more important than open vs closed. Get the Kustom.

Are you positive those are your only choices? Could you list your budget and location?

Yes way over in Malaysia. Well there're more choices but too pricey and not worth it for 5 watt tube and solid state amps.

Looking to toy around with cabs for fun anyway and it's not a serious investment.
are you sure the kustom is ply? when i looked into it a while back it said the baffle was ply, which makes me think the cab isn't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by diabolical
Kustom cab actually sounds good, I tested it out when a friend bought one. Didn't notice any issues on it. For AC amp I'd prefer open back cab though...
How about Jet City cabs? You can't get their 1x12?

Nopes, no jet city dealers in this area.

The choices I listed is the cheapest you'll ever find in my country as new 1x12 cabs.

Everything else is overpriced marshalls and laney and blackstar cabs.
Just make sure it is big enough. 1x12 cabs that are less than 1.5 cu ft just choke the bass response to death. 2 cu ft seems to be a sweet spot for most 12s.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Just make sure it is big enough. 1x12 cabs that are less than 1.5 cu ft just choke the bass response to death. 2 cu ft seems to be a sweet spot for most 12s.

or open back if smaller. Get either, at this price point I doubt there'll be a big difference.
Kustom sounded OK to me with their Defender head, so that is fine as I'm familiar with it. Vox is the more "upscale" brand though so for gigs, etc. that will be better looking.
Maybe check the speakers on both and see what will suit the type of amp better, not familiar with Hotone.
Quote by CodeMonk
What speakers are in these cabs?
Thats a very important factor in choosing as well.

Definitely not greenbacks for the price. *lol*. Those speakers alone cost more than the entire cab.