So I've decided to get some waterslide decals for my guitar and I would like to make them semi-permanent and I need a good nitro clear coat so the decals stay in place.

I did an 2 hour research on the subject but to failed any specific spray can I should get.

My guitar's finish is Poly.

What is a good nitrocellulose transparent clear paint I should get?
Lacquer over poly, while possible, isn't really a good idea. It will shrink, crack and yellow over time, ending up looking like crap, and there's no chemical bond so peeling and adhesion failure is a very real concern.

I don't think that's what you want, based on your other posting?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Doesn't sound like what I would want. But there are some Poly lacquers I thought?

Or the ones that don't interfere with Poly finish. I am not sure hence that's why I'm asking
Quote by nitrousable
Doesn't sound like what I would want. But there are some Poly lacquers I thought?

Or the ones that don't interfere with Poly finish. I am not sure hence that's why I'm asking

Just spray a polyester clear coat on top and be done with it. There's really nothing special here.
Charles Darwin
^+1
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Arby911
Just spray a polyester clear coat on top and be done with it. There's really nothing special here.

Is it okay coat the stickers only or do I have to cover the entire body?
Quote by nitrousable
Is it okay coat the stickers only or do I have to cover the entire body?

Assuming your current finish is glossy, it should blend and you shouldn't need to do the entire thing.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Assuming your current finish is glossy, it should blend and you shouldn't need to do the entire thing.

Alright thanks for your help!