I know this has been discussed, but there really is no concrete solution..here's what I've done
cleaned jacks with CC and exercised with plug
have an extra preamp, took each 1 out and swapped 1by1... took awhile
when i had it out of the chassis I wiggled wires as i was cleaning, sprayed every connection
after I did all this it was good for a week and came back
I know it's amp, used a jumper still does the same thing
PRS Tremonti SE
Ibanez 320 RG DX QM
PEAVEY RAPTOR MUTANT
DIMARZIO PUPS
CRATE 2X12 120W
Crate APM-75
Boss Dr-3
GR-30, GT-10...
I took it out and had another go, this time I did one thing at time and would check if it was the culprit. This took awhile, but after all that checking tubes and cleaning sockets I had nothing. I took a rubber poking device while the amp was on and found it :thu: It was the wire grippy thingy on the main board, you can see it in the pic at the bottom below those caps. It's the same kind of connector as the 1 on the fx loop board, as soon as i touched those wire the volume came back. So i turned the amp of, sprayed them with cleaner and gave them a good tug. I'm not sure what else I can do with them :idk: at least I know where to go if the volume drops again

PRS Tremonti SE
Ibanez 320 RG DX QM
PEAVEY RAPTOR MUTANT
DIMARZIO PUPS
CRATE 2X12 120W
Crate APM-75
Boss Dr-3
GR-30, GT-10...
I'm not a tech but if it is that white molex type connector then you should be able to disconnect it and check each wire for a bad solder joint. I also believe you could get a tech to remove that connector and solder each wire down permanently.