I'm going to guitar center tomorrow but there is a more desirable guitar that I would like to have for $250 but only want to pay $200 max for a guitar.
The guitar I'm going there for is a Rhoads half V thing. Its got a floyd too.
I hope when they say their product is in good quality, it is. Otherwise the V is ~$149
These are also used guitars.

I have looked on the internet for answers but they are a bit dated and not really clear.

You know what, since I'm here I guess I'll tell you a item number on GC 111304928
Is that guitar a good value? I'd really love a Schecter to be my first guitar. (If I get good enough I want to buy something like a Omen-8 new, unless I get lucky)

Thanks,
Higgins909
You're buying a cheap Jackson with a Floyd Rose for $250?

Don't. Consider that buying a German made Original Floyd Rose costs $200 puts it into perspective. The cheap ones struggle to stay in tune, and if a Floyd doesn't stay in tune then it's simply not worth having. You get what you pay for.

Stick with a fixed bridge. If you want a Floyd Rose that isn't an utter nightmare, then you need a bigger budget.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 28, 2015,
no, they hoggle
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
The guitar new is like $320. Are you talking just the floyd rose being that much, less the guitar?

I'm guessing hoggle is some sort of pun on them?
maybe I will splurge on the schecter then... if it plays good.
Just remembered and forgot to mention in OP that there is a LTD-MH103QM.. but thats a floyd rose too.
Then there's a new Demon-7... I didn't want to think about these more expensive options...
I can barely play a 6 string and then the 7 string price is a noticeable more amount.
Edit: for buying strings.^ and the guitar used right now is $150~ JS32 with floyd
Last edited by higgins909 at Jul 28, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Don't. Consider that buying a German made Original Floyd Rose costs $200 puts it into perspective. The cheap ones struggle to stay in tune, and if a Floyd doesn't stay in tune then it's simply not worth having. You get what you pay for.

Stick with a fixed bridge. If you want a Floyd Rose that isn't an utter nightmare, then you need a bigger budget.

Yeah, this. I've been down that road before.
Quote by higgins909 at #33521941
The guitar new is like $320. Are you talking just the floyd rose being that much, less the guitar?

Well, that's how much the top of the line Floyd Rose itself costs to buy. You can expect to spend several times that amount to buy a guitar that comes equipped with one. If you really, really want a Floyd, then in my book get at least an FR-1000 or you're wasting your time. And you're not going to comes across a guitar that's equipped with one for only $300.

Get a guitar with a fixed bridge. Especially if you're a beginner. Floyds are a pain in the ass to set up even if it is a good one. Fixed bridges don't require anywhere near the amount of faffing about with regards to downtuning, adjusting action, intonation, or even just trying to get the bridge level to the plane of the body.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 28, 2015,
why do flyods even exist?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22 at #33522008

DIMESQUEEEEEEEEEEELLLLZZZZZ
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

This man knows what's up

Either save more monies or settle for something else. I really think it's worth it to save the money and put it into an instrument that will not only play better, but last much longer. You don't need to save like 2 grand up but even doubling your current budget will open up your options a bit
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Bladez22

locked strings often can go down and pull up, and because the strings are locked it'll take ages for the strings to get stretched out a bit (like you would with a strat). Dime's guitar would've detuned itself every two seconds if he didn't have a locking tremelo.

Also you can get something on it that gives you just a switch to make it Drop D (retuning is a long painful process, so this is helpful for drop d stuff)
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
actually i'm going to reimagine that you didn't ask the question in a serious way, but in the way that sometimes I would like to be true in a sort of 'why do these things even exist' and in that way I agree with you because gotta fit the forum persona
it's all coming back

What about that Schecter Damien Elite Solo, that I put the GC number up there.
Does anyone know how much this guitar is MSRP new? It looks pretty slick and it is a fixed bridge and its a Schecter. Then I look at a new Omen 6... If its a high end model then it would be worth it, over the Omen 6, but is it?
by this point you want to ask people in the Electric Guitar subforum. Stay here and you'll get mad banter and bad advice (banter might be worse than the advice).
it's all coming back

Alright... thought I would do it hear as I kinda did in the OP.
Thought I might get in trouble for making another thread about that after asking here.
Will be doing that now.
you can talk them down like 10-15% usually because there is a sale going on every weekend of 15% off. also if you get ads from their competitors, (sam ash, best buy, sears, b&h, musicians friend) you can actually get that price plus 20% off a little research before you buy. also you can haggle up if you know what shit sells for used (they take the lowest ebay buy it now if you know its a freak deal you can milk more money out of them they check the shipping options... sometimes they bend people over on shipping so the deal isnt really a deal and you can use that to your advantage) be firm on that and say my price is fair if not i will go elsewhere to sell my gear. then put your hands on the gear and act like they are going to lose thesale... guitar center employees get that 40% difference so if you are walking out with 100 dollars in that could go to their pocket you best believe they are not going to want you to walk out if your price is reasonable.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

/thread

I've never owned a shitty FR guitar for more than a couple of months before lacerating myself with mental anguish over the time wasted on constantly adjusting the string tensions/tuning for hours on end. Wasted hours, wasted funds. Go for quality the first time around and you'll thank yourself later.

Edit: and unless if you truly intend on making your guitar "vocalize" itself with wild bends and warbling passages, a fixed-bridge is the more wholesome route to travel.

Edit2: there's always that deep sensation of stress when you utilize the whammy bar on a shitty FR system, because you'll have to essentially "pay for your sins" for even touching it.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jul 28, 2015,
I would love a whammy on a guitar one day but it sounds like such a pain in the ass that I'd only do it if I had a roadie who would fix all the broken shit in my life, but enough about my broken home.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
The more expensive the item the more likely you can change the price

Don't expect to haggle for a beer, but if you're gonna buy a $7000 guitar, you can probably knock a few hundred off

$250 range you're probably not gonna get any leeway, especially if your expectation is $200

that's like a 20% reduction in price, unless it's on sale you definitely won't get a 20% reduction in price from haggling
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I will make a slight attempt at lowing the price... maybe literally ask if they can do any better on the guitar price. I plan on buying a string peg winder and 1-3 sets of strings.
Quote by Nero Galon
I would love a whammy on a guitar one day but it sounds like such a pain in the ass that I'd only do it if I had a roadie who would fix all the broken shit in my life, but enough about my broken home.

Some trems are shit and simply cannot be made good (ex. Ibanez Lo TRS II)

Some trems will play well as long as you don't do crazy shit you don't know how to fix (ex. most Fender trems)

Some trems are already the greatest thing ever and will withstand all idiocy (Ibanez ZR).

Moral of the story, not all trems are shitty, just the shitty ones are shitty.
Last edited by Skullivan at Jul 29, 2015,
No.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease