Tomorrow I get to go to guitar center (finally after all my other posts)
The guitar I'm going to look at is a Schecter Damien Elite Solo Silverburst.
It is $250 and said to be in good condition. GC number 111304928

I like the looks of Schecter guitars and the name, but don't really know much about them.

I was kinda comparing this to getting a Omen-7 which is on sale for $280
Or a Omen-6 which is $300 on amazon. But I was thinking the Damien Elite is higher in the quality chain then a Omen series? But about the 7 string is that strings are more expensive and I can just play 8ish chords (been quite a while since I've played) and the 7th string would get in the way of my learning curve.

Main questions, Is this a good value vs getting one of those new guitars?
Is this a high end guitar?
What is the MSRP of this gutiar?

(got a dream to start out on a 6 string Schecter and eventually get a Omen-8, if I get good enough)

Thanks,
Higgins909
I wouldn't consider an Omen a 'high-end' guitar. Whether or not something is 'high-end' is a matter of perception.

I think for your limited budget, an Omen is a solid choice.

I would avoid 7 strings if you're only getting started with guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Tell me what the link is and I'll scope it out. You can easily tell by the pickups and paint if it's "high end"
Quote by PiercedBand
Tell me what the link is and I'll scope it out. You can easily tell by the pickups and paint if it's "high end"

Guitarcenter item number 111304928
I've given links here before and they get blocked, will try again.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Used-Schecter-Guitar-Research-Damien-Elite-Solo-Silverburst-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-111304928-i4426139.gc
If you're just starting on guitar, avoid 7s.

"High end" for guitars is generally speaking $1500+.

Decent deal you've got though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'd say get it, the picture isn't very good but it appears to have a binding on the neck and possibly the body. Looks like it has EMGs and it's probably a through neck. Buy it! And yes, I agree 7 strings aren't ideal for people just starting out.
plastic trim that goes around a body, neck, or headstock. purely decorative.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That's "See Through Black". Not a silverburst. They were $499 new. I had the C-1 version of it and adored it. (Other than the name.) $250 is a steal for the playability, and the sound of those EMGs in that mahogany body. Heck of a guitar. Just make sure there's no corrosion or anything like that and you're good to go! (Also find out what tuning it's in if you don't feel like setting it up.)
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Also. It's a bolt on, but the heal is alright cause it's angled a bit. I actually love how the heel plate looks. It's stamped and just looks good. 24 XJ frets, EMG 81/85 combo, Tone Pros Tune-O-Matic bridge, black tusq nut, with I think the neck has a 5 ply black binding as well, Grove 18:1 tuners I'm pretty certain. POSSIBLY 14:1 but I seem to remember them REALLY holding their tuning well. Heck of a guitar to pay $250 for if it's in good condition.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I've never been to a guitar center, or any kind of guitar shop.
Getting a bit pumped up (lol) as I didn't realize the guitar is that good... Mainly the active EMG pickups.
Then I realized there could be corrosion in the battery compartment.
Will they not give me a tuner to use or a screwdriver to take the cover off?
My dad got this cheap screwdriver set thats still in the box... guess I will throw it in the truck just in case. What if the battery is dead? hope they have it decently setup. My ear tuning skills are decent... Hope its a quiet place so my family and the employees can hear my terrible skills lol. Don't think I will be breaking any strings tuning.

Great info!

Thank you GraceByDeath and Thank you other members
If everything else is of decent quality and condition, I would not worry about the battery or corrosion (leaving an old battery in the compartment will lead to this) as they can easily be corrected. Scrape off the corrosion or use some fine sandpaper and install a new battery. The compartment itself can be replaced if needed (these do not vary widely in quality anyway).
I got it, could you tell me what switch position and what knobs exactly did what? (if I'm wrong)
I'm thinking the switch down is bridge then split middle and then neck top.
But then I'm not quite sure about the knobs. The one towards the neck is bridge only volume then the middle is for the split and neck channels volume? Then the knob by the bottom of the guitar seems to filter out higher frequencies. I think I was mainly confused when I had the middle knob turned off and switched to split and thought my guitar already had problems.

These frets are huge in every way vs my dads squire start.
Its actually lighter then my ^
Bends are way smoother and easier to do (anyone what to chime in on why that is?)

But the action is a bit higher then wanted but is better then my ^ and has maybe a tiny bit of buzz or I just wasn't fretting hard enough. I know there is a bit of bow in the neck that the truss should fix.
She's got some scars but from 5ft she looks pretty, pretty.
Quote by higgins909
I got it, could you tell me what switch position and what knobs exactly did what? (if I'm wrong)
I'm thinking the switch down is bridge then split middle and then neck top.
But then I'm not quite sure about the knobs. The one towards the neck is bridge only volume then the middle is for the split and neck channels volume? Then the knob by the bottom of the guitar seems to filter out higher frequencies. I think I was mainly confused when I had the middle knob turned off and switched to split and thought my guitar already had problems.

These frets are huge in every way vs my dads squire start.
Its actually lighter then my ^
Bends are way smoother and easier to do (anyone what to chime in on why that is?)

But the action is a bit higher then wanted but is better then my ^ and has maybe a tiny bit of buzz or I just wasn't fretting hard enough. I know there is a bit of bow in the neck that the truss should fix.
She's got some scars but from 5ft she looks pretty, pretty.

Down = Bridge only
Middle = Both
Up = Neck only

It's two volumes and one tone know. I haven't messed with that body shape. My Damien Elite 6 (C-1 shape) only had 1 volume, 1 tone. One reason it's easy to bend strings on those is because of the massive frets. There's no wood in the way of your fingertip, and you can make better and more direct contact and push on the string. It also imho makes hammer ons and pulloffs easier and ring out quite a bit more. I love em. Also if you're unsure what you're doing with a truss rod take it to a guitar workshop. There's always a LITTLE bow in the neck. It's how it's supposed to be. Hope it all works out. Also. The battery compartment is just a little clip open, clip shut thing. Super easy. Leave it unplugged when you're not playing it to keep the battery life up. Just little tips.=) This thread makes me miss my old Schecter...
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I would go against other advice here myself and go straight to seven or eight string that's what you want. It really isn't a case of 'I can now play six strings, time to progress to seven.' With open chords, you'll have to learn how to mute strings, but guess what? You have to learn to mute strings for some open chords on a six string anyway. Only difference is that you're adding a one or two strings, that's all. Theory wise, transposing and extending scales to use the extra string(s) will do nothing but reinforce your knowledge and learning, which is exclusively a good thing, plus you can really get to grips from the start on the most useful thing about extended range string instruments - economy of motion. Why bother relearning or adjusting when you can learn straight from the off?
I'm certanly not against starting with a seven string. I personally wouldn't do it, though. Learning most stuff is a bit more complicated. I encourage to follow your wants and needs,, though!

Seems like an affordable quality instrument.
I just not sure if its enough/too much... might just leave it be lol.
The guy at GC said the action was a bit high when I asked him about it. (I thought it may of been a bit high) I did notice the neck bowing a bit, thought that may be the reason, or now I think it may just be the bass side is high. (I need to play it more.. a friend has been attention hungry since a little b4 getting it..)

Why would they have 2 volumes? the middle knob controls both/only split and neck... Guess its just weird to me because I can't make sense of it.
One volume controls the neck, one controls the bridge. The tone is a master tone.
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz