What's up guys?
I just got this Ebony Epiphone Les Paul Custom with dual EMG 85 pickups, Mahogany Body and Neck, Set Neck, MOP Block Inlays, Abalone Epi Logo, Gold Hardware, Grover Tuners, and White binding throughout.

This is my first Les Paul.
I got it in a trade for my old Acoustic Lead Series Half Stack. I couldn't be more happy.

Amazing feel, stays in tune INSANELY well, and the sound is flawless for what I play. (Metal, Rock, and Blues)

Here's some pics:

Action is really low with zero fret buzz, which I like. Definitely an amazing guitar.
The pickguard was removed by the first owner (honestly, I love the look without the pickguard.) and it has gold plated pickup frames, which suites the rest of the guitars hardware (was another mod the first owner added as the guitar originally came with plain black plastic pickup frames.)

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the trade.
I traded an amp that was just taking space, and made a trade with a guy needing a half stack for an amazing guitar. Win Win situation.

Let me know what you guys think.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
HNGD! those pup frames look so good.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Thanks.

And yeah, I would've been interested in the trade either way. But the Gold pickup frames was just icing on the cake.

How I ended up getting the Guitar is a funny story: I traded a Dean Custom Classic I bought for $90 on ebay for a Fender Frontman 2x12 100 watt amp. I traded the Fender for the Acoustic Head and bought the cabinet on CL for $65. Then I traded the Acoustic Head and Hartke Cabinet for this guitar.
So I basically spent $155 on this guitar.

Not to mention I also bought a Johnson Bass a few days ago for $25. Just cause it was really dusty and the strings were badly rusted.
I bought a pack of Ernie Ball Regular Bass strings, fixed the solder on the tone pot, cleaned up the guitar, and put the new strings on.
The bass goes for about $100 online used.

It's all about timing and having the money when there's a deal. I've been really fortunate this week.
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Jul 29, 2015,
Congratz dude! HNGD! What EMGs are those? Looks like an 85 in the neck but the light reflecting on the bridge makes me unsure if it's an 85 or 81.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
^Thanks, bro.

But yeah, the bridge pup is an 85 as well.
Thinking of putting an 81 in the bridge, tho.

I was surprised at how good the 85 is on the bridge, so I might keep it on with two 85's or maybe get a 60 for the neck.
Yeah! I've heard good things. I just wasn't sure if someone would go 85/85. Pretty good lookin guitar though. I'll bet it sounds like a tank.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Pickguards give you better tone though.
HNGD!
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Cool!

You going to 18v mod those EMG's?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Really liking the gold rings with that EMGs. Really keeps it as the 'tuxedo' electric, even without the gold covered pups.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
HNGD
Those are solid guitars, take Toodeepblue's advice and do the 18v mod
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by The Judist
Pickguards give you better tone though.
HNGD!

You apparently missed the pickguard/tone debate on youtube last year....
Very nice. I'm not a fan of EMG pickups but I have four Epiphone Les Paul's (Standard, Ultra II, Custom and 1960 Tribute) and they all play great. They are work horses. Once you get the set up you like I find the necks stay rock solid. Good luck.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Cool!

You going to 18v mod those EMG's?

Already did.
Good man.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Nice HNGD!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Rickholly74
Very nice. I'm not a fan of EMG pickups but I have four Epiphone Les Paul's (Standard, Ultra II, Custom and 1960 Tribute) and they all play great. They are work horses. Once you get the set up you like I find the necks stay rock solid. Good luck.

I set it up myself. Everything is amazing. Stays in tune soooo well.
The neck is 12 degree radius, which I prefer, so playing it feels natural.

I didn't think I'd fall in love with a Les Paul, cause I usually play strat style or V guitars, but the more I play it, the more I'm thinking of having it as my "main" guitar in my band.
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
very cool, enjoy!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.