I have the hots for a Univibe type (Chorus/Trem) pedal and am knocking around the following options:-

TC Electronics - Viscous Vibe

Mooer - Soul Shiver

Xvive - V8 Chorus Vibrato

Were money no option the Viscous Vibe would be favourite although the smaller footprint of either of the other two would be more convenient.

As I am ordering off the interweb I don't have the opportunity to audition the pedals but have trawled Youtube. All three seem to do what it says on the tin.

Despite being the cheapest (half the price of the Viscous Vibe) the US analogue design of the Xvive V8 probably gives it the edge over the Mooer. I've only had one Mooer pedal previously (Blues Crab) and sold it again so aren't that struck on them.

The Xvive also allows a blend of both vibrato and chorus, but then the Tone print on the TC pedal will pretty much give most options.

Any thoughts or other alternatives, experience of any of the above etc.?

Many thanks in anticipation of your considered thoughts.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Fulltone mini vibe is awesome. On the cheap, I was impressed by the Danelectro vibe. Seriously it's worth to be heard. Its only downside is that it has some sort of lag when you hit it.

Edit: Those are the one I suggest since I never heard either the TC or the others.
Damn, the Fulltone is very nice, and uses the original optical circuit. There was me hoping to spend less and I'm now pondering spending more.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
There was me hoping to spend less and I'm now pondering spending more.

I feel ya!

Can you go in store and try all of those side by side? Then decide which Vibe you prefer and go into used market. Pedals, especially, are reliable pieces of equipment if they are well built, like fulltone or TC.
Last edited by Taz9 at Jul 30, 2015,
TBH Taz it's a time issue and it is only for my own entertainment so I'm not that bothered about auditioning them. I'd also feel bad waltzing into a guitar shop just out of convenience as I am sure they all struggle when competing with on line only stores.

Having watched many more videos, I think the TC Electronics is favourite. I have been really pleased with their pedals and Toneprint will provide a lot of flexibility. Downside is my pedal board will be looking like a TC Electronics fan boy site as a Flashback Mini is also on my wish list.
MXR just put out a vibe style pedal. haven't tried it yet but it's on the list as i want a vibe pedal as well.
I like my voodoo labs micro vibe quite a bit. They can be found quite cheaply. I haven't tried the TC though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by monwobobbo
MXR just put out a vibe style pedal. haven't tried it yet but it's on the list as i want a vibe pedal as well.

While the MXR carries the name, and history, of the original Uni Vibe (and produced a Hendrix Anniversary version) it would seem that the Fulltone is probably a more accurate reproduction of the original circuitry.

TC Electronic make no bones that theirs is digital. They claim it is an absolute digital reproduction of the original, and uses their most powerful processor just to perform this one task.

This being the case I feel the fight is between the Fulltone and TC Electronics. I don't see much difference between the MXR and the Mooer aside a price tag 3 times that of the Mooer...and the historic name.
Quote by monwobobbo

The MXR is ok. I got one for about $50 and it works for me, as I don't use univibe stuff much, and it gets like 85% there. But If I was going to spend the bucks or needed something truly awesome sounding, I'd get either "the depths" by earthquaker or the fulltone.