Hey guys! So I just got a Fender MIM Strat. Really happy with it, it plays great, it feels great, trem's really good, everything is solid. The only gripe I have with it is the pickups (which I expected). Don't get me wrong, they are good quality pickups, and they have very little hum, even with the gain on 10. The problem is that they just can't push the amp very hard to get the sound I want. FWIW, I am after a gainy sound but with clarity. Think Malmsteen on Rising Force (yes, I know he used a DOD 250 and I can get that sound from my Digitech RP500). I was thinking about dropping a trio of Dimarzio HS3s in it, but I'm having second thoughts. What do you recommend? (I am not interested in true singles as far as replacement pups go, cause I use pickups on their own a lot)
Yamaha F310P "Bella"
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Goldtop "Chrysa"
Fender Standard Stratocaster "Michelle"
Fender Classic Series 70s Stratocaster "Nefertiti"

Marshall DSL15C
BIAS FX & AMP
Line 6 POD X3

Dunlop Stubby 3.0mm picks
D'Addario strings
Last edited by CostasNoir at Jul 29, 2015,
Budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Budget?

I can afford Fender, Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio pickups, which are the brands I am looking at and are available to me anyway.
Yamaha F310P "Bella"
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Goldtop "Chrysa"
Fender Standard Stratocaster "Michelle"
Fender Classic Series 70s Stratocaster "Nefertiti"

Marshall DSL15C
BIAS FX & AMP
Line 6 POD X3

Dunlop Stubby 3.0mm picks
D'Addario strings
get a real overdrive. multi-fx pedals while great for many things aren't great for distortion. this will make a difference in your distortion tone. keep in mind that yngwie uses very low output pickups and uses massive amounts of volume to get his sound. if you want the clarity then let the amp do the heavy lifting and opt for pickups that aren't pushing the amp. lace sensor golds are a good option as they are almost noiseless and will retain clarity.
Lace Sensors - Blue, Silver, Red. Why? Billy Corgan. That's why.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by ThunderPunk
Lace Sensors - Blue, Silver, Red. Why? Billy Corgan. That's why.

while good for many things the OP is leaning toward yngwie which is a different sound than those pups provide.
Kinmans are some of the best noiseless pickups you'll find that still give you everything you want out of a single coil.
Quote by dspellman
Kinmans are some of the best noiseless pickups you'll find that still give you everything you want out of a single coil.

I was about to post about Kinman pickups. Because what Billy Corgan uses ain’t shït—Prince uses Kinman.
Quote by jpnyc
I was about to post about Kinman pickups. Because what Billy Corgan uses ain’t shït—Prince uses Kinman.

YES!!!!!
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.