Anybody who is in favor of banning abortion altogether is living in a fantasy world. Abortion will always be allowed at least early on in a pregnancy. Late term abortions are a much more debateable subject because as a fetus grows it becomes more human and life-like. Should abortions be legal late in a woman's pregnancy (excluding instances in which a mother's life is threatened because obviously)?

In case you were wondering, here are the countries that currently allow late-term abortions:

Canada
United States
China
North Korea
Netherlands
Singapore
Vietnam
nah I think late-term should only be reserved for emergency situations (fetus death, rape resulting in pregnancy w/ mother being prevented from earlier-term abortion, etc.)

in other cases, I think there should be recommended adoption services + counseling
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

a person can abort the baby at any point until it's outside of them imo

if someone wanted an abortion the day they were supposed to go into labor I wouldnt call it murder
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Jul 29, 2015,
I was thinking about making a thread on this topic just earlier today. Seems like just what the pit needs to argue about.

Rape-based pregnancies are probably where I'd draw the line, but proving that it was a rape is very difficult.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 29, 2015,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
a person can abort the baby at any point until it's outside of her imo

if someone wanted an abortion the day they were supposed to go into labor I wouldnt call it murder

after 27 weeks of pregnancy, there is a 90% chance of survival, after 30 week thats 95%. 34 weeks is 98%. So The difference between murder and late term abortion for you is just 3%?

Imo, its murder either way. Just make abortion available for everyone at early stages of pregnancy. lets say 24 weeks as it is 50% survival rate break point. Free of charge, free of trial and exceptionally confidential.
Nah like why wouldn't you get that shit taken care of earlier.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
What we need are artifical wombs. That way, no woman need ever end up with a vagina like a wizard's sleeve ever again.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by ErikLensherr

Degrassi was on.
Quote by ErikLensherr

I have heard of a lot of incestual rape cases where the pregnant girl is restrained by family members from access to transportation or anything else you would need to get to an abortion clinic or doctor
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by K'Nuckles
Coathanger.jpg

stairs.jpg
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by GuitarGod_92

then what would be distinction between aborting the baby the day before labor and killing the newborn right after labor? is that not essentially infanticide?
Quote by GuitarGod_92

So, if you were to open the mother up for a c-section, would it not be murder if you stabbed the baby before taking it out?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Jon777
then what would be distinction between aborting the baby the day before labor and killing the newborn right after labor? is that not essentially infanticide?

It's a part of you before and its own entity after
Don't abort that baby, that would be no fun,
Let the baby grow up, you can kill it when it's twenty-one.

Don't abort that baby, allow it to live,
Think of all the fun that little kid could give.
If it is a boy, you can shred its teddy bear.
If it is a girl, you can shave off all its hair.
Teach it obscene words when it's learning how to talk,
Get it ****in' drunk when it's learning how to walk.

Before it goes to bed at night take away its breath,
Tell it that the boogie man will clobber it to death.
Don't let it take a shower so its friends will not come near,
Then start a nasty rumor that your little kid is queer.
It doesn't really matter cause soon there'll be a war,
That's all we really need those little bastards for.

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33523422
So, if you were to open the mother up for a c-section, would it not be murder if you stabbed the baby before taking it out?

The Japanese have a lot of info on that
I'm also in the camp that would reserve that just for emergency/extreme situations.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I’d accept a ban on late-term abortions if the anti-abortion crowed would concede to free distribution of birth control, mandatory sex ed starting in fourth grade—including home school and parochial school—and subsidies to encourage adoptions. But that won’t happen because what anti-abortion activists care about is putting their theocrat leaders in control of other people’s lives.
Quote by jpnyc
I’d accept a ban on late-term abortions if the anti-abortion crowed would concede to free distribution of birth control, mandatory sex ed starting in fourth grade—including home school and parochial school—and subsidies to encourage adoptions. But that won’t happen because what anti-abortion activists care about is putting their theocrat leaders in control of other people’s lives.

let's poke holes in all of their condoms!!!

nah but then those poor kids would be stuck with them
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i think the uk's laws are pretty good on abortion

up to 24 weeks, which is roughly the time the brain is really getting going and there's something that resembles a human being there. after that i think the concept of an unborn child is a real one and should be treated as such
I'm Pro-abortion.

Not even pro-choice. I think people should be required to actively prove they deserve to have a child.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz at #33523494
I'm Pro-abortion.

Not even pro-choice. I think people should be required to actively prove they deserve to have a child.

its unpopular and kind of harsh, but I do agree. I've seen so many shitty parents raising kids that then grow into shitty people who then have more shitty kids. It'd really help to just end that whole cycle

plus overpopulation and stuff
^ Ideally I would be down for that but idk how it could happen without it falling into the hands of some fascist government officials who think that you have to be a certain religion to have kids or some dumb shit
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal at #33523503
^ Ideally I would be down for that but idk how it could happen without it falling into the hands of some fascist government officials who think that you have to be a certain religion to have kids or some dumb shit

Mandatory How not to be a shit parent classes would go a long way, maybe even have a test/exam at the end of them that determines whether or not you can procreate
Quote by GuitarGod_92

this tbh
Quote by Bladez22
Mandatory How not to be a shit parent classes would go a long way, maybe even have a test/exam at the end of them that determines whether or not you can procreate

I think the exam could fall under the same weird fascist lines unfortunately but classes are a really solid idea

the only reason I worry about the weird fascist stuff is because the US had been sterilizing different populations of people for years, usually for eugenic purposes, up until pretty recently.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/nativevoices/timeline/543.html
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexuality/tp/Forced-Sterilization-History.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilization

The Nixon administration dramatically increases Medicaid-funded sterilization of low-income Americans, primarily Americans of color. While these sterilizations are voluntary as a matter of policy, anecdotal evidence later suggests that they are often involuntary as a matter of practice as patients are often misinformed, or left uninformed, regarding the nature of the procedures that they have agreed to undergo.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I think late term abortions are acceptable only in extreme circumstances - eg if the woman's life is at risk, if the pregnancy was the result of rape or if there is something seriously wrong with the baby (like it has serious brain damage and will be born a vegetable or something)

If the baby is going to turn out fine and the parents dont want it, give it up for adoption instead. Especially if it's their own stupid fault they made the baby in the first place.
I have nothing important to say
Unfortunately, it's often very difficult to prove that a rape victim was not consenting. So rape victims that may otherwise be entitled to abortion (hypothetically) may not get an abortion because of a lack of concrete evidence of it being a rape.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 29, 2015,
Quote by vintage x metal at #33523517
I think the exam could fall under the same weird fascist lines unfortunately but classes are a really solid idea

the only reason I worry about the weird fascist stuff is because the US had been sterilizing different populations of people for years, usually for eugenic purposes, up until pretty recently.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/nativevoices/timeline/543.html
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexuality/tp/Forced-Sterilization-History.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilization

so that's really fvcked up... You know, for a country that tries to police the world, the US does some real messed up stuff
Abortions for all. no seriously abortions for all too many damn people on this planet
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by bradulator
Why is the death penalty not okay but abortion, especially late term, is?

I think for early term abortion, it doesn't really equate to capital punishment because

1) a fetus cannot do anything in the public eye that can be deemed okay/not okay by society. people differ a lot on who deserves to die for what reason but there's not really even a "who" in early term abortions when talking about the fetus

2) people who can't afford to have children or have decided that it's more worth it to have an early-term abortion than to keep the baby for whatever circumstances are probably not going to produce a healthy environment for the baby to live in, and adoption agencies can only help children so much in finding a home. if you can prevent that suffering for a child by stopping the situation before it happens, and before the baby has even become a baby, then it doesn't really affect anyone other than the mother and father.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja