I got some new straps!

They're made by Franklin Straps: the dark one is soft leather links, the light brown one's links are of soft suede. They're fully adjustable, and DAMN comfortable. Prices are comperable to fine leather straps from other makers like Levy's, Gibson, Fender, etc.

Would DEFINITELY buy again.

I also got some new picks. The Pickboy on the left is Carbon/nylon, the Ish on the right is carbon fiber. Both are quite thin and stiff. I've owned the Pickboys before, and their texture makes for a pretty secure grip. I bought a trio more than a decade ago in a tiny mom & pop music store, and finally lost my last one in June. It took some looking around- I couldn't remember the brand at first- but finally found a nice big bag.

The Ish is new to me. They seem stiffer than the Pickboy, but the polished surface is a little bit slicker. I would expect this might cause a grip problem, but so far, none has manifested, possibly because they're slightly larger picks. I'm definitely liking them. Would buy again if the grip problem doesn't manifest.

Edit: sellers websites
http://franklinstrap.com
https://ishcase.com/
http://www.osiamo.com/products/edge

I got the straps from sellers on Reverb.com, the Ish picks from their Reverb store, and the Pickboys directly from Osiamo.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 29, 2015,
Pffft, no clips? HNSD! Those straps look comfy, I need to find a strap like those with the lil nubbin on the end for the straplocks.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Alas, the straps and picks are so noiseless I couldn't record them!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I'm sure the strap effects your tone, we need recordings now for a strap tone debate.

It looks comfy, happy NSD.
I had a belt like that in the 1970s, but it was a stiffer leather than these.

Danny, what you need is a new amp.

Comfy looking straps though.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/

Yeah...they're softer than some of my better wearable leather goods.

Quote by dspellman
We used to make straps like that (except they were belts) in a crafts class.

we made them in cub scouts then proceeded to whip each other with them.
Quote by mhanbury2
I'm sure the strap effects your tone, we need recordings now for a strap tone debate.

It looks comfy, happy NSD.

Everything affects tone, man! That's why metal bands wear so much black! Makes their sound darker.=D

Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Last edited by GraceByDeath at Jul 31, 2015,
I've been slacking. I got a custom esquire and an AC15 that I haven't made threads for yet, and Danny's throwing up picks and straps!
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JustRooster
I've been slacking. I got a custom esquire and an AC15 that I haven't made threads for yet, and Danny's throwing up picks and straps!

S'alrght- I haven't made a single thread for any of the pedals I've purchased in The Year of the Pedal.

Posted some pix in the pix threads, though...

Thinkin' 'bout it.