I am a huge fan of making a guitar sound nuts. It may not take much talent but its still fun. Does anyone know of anyway to make crazy noises? I want my amp to sound like its falling apart. Share any pedals, setups, or tips.

Examples include putting two delays together or plugging in a wah backwards for the seagull effect. Thanks!
I guess a ring modulator. And whammy pedal too. Download Reaper, get a cheap interface, ASIO4all, and you can mess with all sorts of crazy effects. Or get a zoom g3x because that has a lot of options plus some cool sounding presets, and the expression pedal
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

I wonder what would happen if you ran a mxr blue box into a voodoo labs proctavia (or similar). That might be pretty crazy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 30, 2015,
+1 on Miku stomp, I'd love one of those just for the banter

Haven't gone through all the unlabelled links but assuming they're not there Earthquaker Devices' Rainbow Machine and Arpanoid are both pretty fantastic for weird shit noises (I remember seeing a thread on here suggesting using both at the same time - I'd love to see how that turns out...)

Rowland S. Howard used to run an MXR Blue Box into a Distortion+ (or vice versa, I can't remember which), the crowning example of which is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShFv4c5Hgno
Someone made a signature pedal which was called the Reuss RSH which was basically the two MXR pedals combined into one, and I believe is now sold without the attachment of Rowland's name as the Reuss Evil Twin. The concept is basically that combining an octave effect known for poor tracking with a distortion makes for some pretty chaotic noises. Just found this demo, the guy kicks in both effects at about 4 mins, and it begins to be clear how Rowland made so much noise with a Jag and a Twin Reverb:
https://youtu.be/dEbVCSGxze8?t=4m
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Something that just came to my mind: one reverse delay with a long delay, and a second delay (preferably modulated) with very short delay and absurd feedback.

I actually need to try this at home. I'll report back if I survive.
Haven't gone through all the unlabelled links but assuming they're not there Earthquaker Devices' Rainbow Machine and Arpanoid are both pretty fantastic for weird shit noises (I remember seeing a thread on here suggesting using both at the same time - I'd love to see how that turns out...)

I posted both, and have both. (Haven't gotten to try them in my rig yet, though.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I posted both, and have both. (Haven't gotten to try them in my rig yet, though.)

Oops, sorry Would love to see a review at some point!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by dannyalcatraz
(Haven't gotten to try them in my rig yet, though.)

They're in the queue, right, along with the 97 other pedals you haven't even unboxed yet...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Hey! I unboxed them!

....just long enough to take pictures.

Yes indeed.

Dwarfcraft She Fuzz. Or any Dwarfcraft pedals really. The starve function on the She Fuzz gets some pretty wild oscillation and stutter effects.
[404]Signature not found
rainbow machine, mr black supermoon chrome, voodloo lab wahzoo, ehx superego, ehx random tone generator, ringthing, eqd sea machine, ohnono blowing up... lots of fun pedals to do weird shit.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

I finally actually had time at home to look through this post and this is an absolute goldmine. I love you for this. The Rainbow Machine is by far the most brain-exploding thing on there, while on the other hand the Arpanoid is genuinely cool and I can see some actually usable uses of that. (especially with some spacey reverb and stuff)

I still haven't had a chance to try my double delay thing though, coming soon.
Korg Mini Kaoss pad.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/mini_kaoss_pad2/

Here's a demo of one fitted to an Ibby from the factory. You could mount it behind the bridge without routing on say, a strat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONewRrnYVPg
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 1, 2015,
Quote by TheLiberation
I finally actually had time at home to look through this post and this is an absolute goldmine. I love you for this. The Rainbow Machine is by far the most brain-exploding thing on there, while on the other hand the Arpanoid is genuinely cool and I can see some actually usable uses of that. (especially with some spacey reverb and stuff)

Glad to help!

Personally, I think that the Rainbow Machine and the Antichthon are about neck & neck, and the Glamour Box is a close third.

The Antichthon is... weird, but I can see some sort of reasonable uses for it, it seems more controllable.

The Rainbow Machine, on the other hand, seems like pure WTF IS HAPPENING generator.
Last edited by TheLiberation at Aug 1, 2015,
The Ohnoho Chk Chk Boom isn't an inherently weird pedal- it is simply a momentary looper- but it does help you multiply the weirdness of your rack.

https://vimeo.com/6635817

Quote by TheLiberation

The Arpanoid in combination with stuff has a lot of potential:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTzOv0WnTcc
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22