Page 1 of 2
I said I liked Cossacks' graphics better than Age of Empires 2, and that Age of Empires 2 > Warlords Battlecry 3.

My friend said I was dumb because Cossacks (2001) was older than Warlords (2004), and older games always have worse graphics than newer ones.

Pls tell me some older games with better graphics than newer ones.
Games that try to look photo-realistic will inevitably look dated as technology improves. Games that go for a stylized aesthetic within the limitations of the hardware tend to age better. That's why Wind Waker still looks presentable today.
Quote by Minicaxotinho
Well let's not get on the "gameplay > graphics" thing, I need to win this argument.

well its true. the graphics are meaningless in a respectable rts game

edit: for example if you are playing aoc as it is meant to be played you are moving around too fast and focused on too many things to give a shit about how good or bad the graphics are
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jul 30, 2015,
Crysis has better graphics than a lot of post-Crysis games...

Edit: Morrowind was released in 2002, I'm sure you can find an older, worse looking game.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Last edited by 剣 斧 血 at Jul 30, 2015,
@Thrash Yeah but the dude is being really salty about it, I need to show him an older game with better graphics to make him even more salty.
Quote by Minicaxotinho
@Thrash Yeah but the dude is being really salty about it, I need to show him an older game with better graphics to make him even more salty.

objectively the graphics arent very good though. they had a good cohesive art design and did a good job making the most out of what they had...but by todays standards they didnt have very much. the graphics are shit. but it doesn't matter.

and that's the important thing to take away from this conversation. you and your friend are both wrong for thinking that the graphics matter in a rts game and need to get good.
The Longest Journey is from 1999 and has some pretty impressive graphics

Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jul 30, 2015,
@Thrash, I don't really care about the graphics, I just want to win this argument.

@Slash Yeah that looks pretty.
Crysis 1
MGS4
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Minicaxotinho
@Thrash, I don't really care about the graphics, I just want to win this argument.

your argument is stupid your friend is stupid you are stupid your thread is stupid etc etc
Quote by Thrashtastic15
your argument is stupid your friend is stupid you are stupid your thread is stupid etc etc

**** you
Quote by Thrashtastic15
age of empires 2 (and The Conquerors expansion) is a perfect game and the graphics are meaningless

fixd and agree

like seriously, if you have any RTS game besides AoE2;TC throw them out.
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by Baby Joel
fixd and agree

aoc GOAT still play it regularly huu
age of empires 2 is actually a really good looking game that still looks good today though. 2D games tend to age much better than 3D ones.
Quote by Baby Joel at #33524414
fixd and agree

aoe2 tc + forgotten legends n00b
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
a fair comparison IE not throwing out completely different genres and developers and styles

FF13 looks leagues better than 13-2 or LR

Quote by ultimate-slash at #33524397
The Longest Journey is from 1999 and has some pretty impressive graphics

it has ass graphics tho

pre-rendered backgrounds =/= graphics
Last edited by Ichikurosaki at Jul 30, 2015,
Moar like lacking-ass graphics if you'd ask me.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Thrashtastic15
age of empires 2 is a perfect game and the graphics are meaningless
It's not perfect, and there is definitely room for some improvement, but it's a damn good game regardless.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
OMG E.W. COSSACKS

That was my favorite PC game as a kid. I did not even have the full version, but I spent so many hours playing that demo. I don't even remember how I got the demo.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Quote by Amuro Jay
You'll never win the argument because your friend will disagree with you just for the sake of winning the argument.

You ****ing hit the nail in the head.

Now he's calling me dumb.

He's so salty though, it's amazing

I also posted this throughout the conversation:
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jul 30, 2015,
Quote by Ichikurosaki
a fair comparison IE not throwing out completely different genres and developers and styles

FF13 looks leagues better than 13-2 or LR

it has ass graphics tho

pre-rendered backgrounds =/= graphics

No otherwise loads of classic games do not have graphics ie,.

yeah but those games have bad graphics thats what im saying

the "good" you're seeing is a pre-rendered image the only actual graphics are the character models

the games look great yeah but not graphically impressive
Quote by Thrashtastic15 at #33524406

Who is stupid?
oddworld: Munch's Odyssee had incredible graphics for 2001.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2