Page 1 of 2
The White House will review online petition calling for #CecilTheLion hunter to face justice.

The White House has said it will review a petition urging the Obama administration to send the US hunter who killed Cecil the lion to Zimbabwe to face justice.

More than 140,000 signatures have been gathered for the bid to send Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer to the African country.

It urges Secretary of State John Kerry and Attorney General Loretta Lynch to extradite the trophy hunter.

Any petition to the White House that attracts over 100,000 names within 30 days must receive an official response.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said it is up to the Justice Department to respond to an extradition order.

What do you think? Should he face justice, maybe even execution, for killing a proud creature like a lion?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Yes, he should be extradited.

Actions have consequences and he has to face them.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Last edited by digman50 at Jul 30, 2015,
Execution? No.

A heavy fine, prison sentence and a bar from entering the country where the offense occurred, on the other hand, would be appropriate for him.

Something along the same lines for the people who arranged the trip, too.

Worth noting that at least 5 elephants have been killed by poachers since Cecil was killed, and we hear sod all about them.
I'm sure the U.S. has fought against extraditing their own for worse crimes.

On an aside, every single person that's attacked his dental practice can go f*ck themselves. Their retaliation is affecting the lives of people that work there and had nothing to do with the hunt.
Public hanging for killing a brave Lion which is really symbolic of the brave English lions.

Its practically an act of war on England and the Queen.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by SMH07
Public hanging for killing a brave Lion which is really symbolic of the brave English lions.

Its practically an act of war on England and the Queen.

The US are going to have to implement War Plan Red pretty soon then

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Deliriumbassist

On an aside, every single person that's attacked his dental practice can go f*ck themselves. Their retaliation is affecting the lives of people that work there and had nothing to do with the hunt.

This. And double that for the ****s apparently hoping his family all gets cancer.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
This. And double that for the ****s apparently hoping his family all gets cancer.

Yeah, it isn't the citizens' right to enact their own punishment on the hunter, that is for a court to decide. Anyone who commits a crime in their own personal attempt at bringing him to justice should be arrested and charged themselves.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
i'm just amazed at his stupidity really, like why did he think it would be a good idea to kill a lion and not make any effort to hide his identity, surely people will think of him as a brave masculine man! like what century does he think this is?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The US are going to have to implement War Plan Red pretty soon then

Get ready for war, lads
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Should he face justice, maybe even execution, for killing a proud creature like a lion?

...wut?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
What's the worst sentence he could get? Cba to read

I'm not entirely against extradition, but justice systems can differ wildly from country to country and if execution were a real possibility then lol no rather let him get away with killing an animal tbh
Dunno if he's a white guy being sent away to Zibabwe then there could be some pretty harsh punishments

Quote by slapsymcdougal

I'd bet that if he killed someone in Zimbabwe, there wouldn't be this shitstorm. Let's look at Amanda Knox. Due to problems with the case against her, she never wiould have been extradited. The U.S. public was also hugely on her side. But at the end of the day, a person had been killed, and a court case was still ongoing. But did people wish her family cancer? Did people organise huge petitions for her to be extradited in order to ensure correct justice for Meredith Kercher and Amanda Knox? I certainly don't remember any. But someone goes and shoots a lion, he's suddenly the absolute devil, even though he hasn't been tried. If he gets extradited, every potential criminal should be as well.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I do think it is beyond shit that this lion has been poached.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jul 30, 2015,
No, he shouldn't be extradited. Zimbabwe has a corrupt despotic government, and they do far worse things to these animals than this dentist idiot.

These public witch hunts are embarrassing.
Quote by soundgarden1986
the only thing going through my mind during the whole thing is "how many people on fb outraged over this even knew about/cared about cecil to begin with"

i know i didnt know about cecil until the killing happened

Hell, I been holdin' it down wit Cecil since day 1! Get at me
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
can anyone explain how hunting has been around for thousands of years and just now people give a shit about it?

i give it a week before this blows over and the sjw's find something else to be offended by
pinga
Quote by Rossenrot
No, he shouldn't be extradited. Zimbabwe has a corrupt despotic government, and they do far worse things to these animals than this dentist idiot.

These public witch hunts are embarrassing.

Just as an aside, a friend's mum got deported from Zimbabwe(well, it was still called Rhodesia at the time), as she was suspected of being a British spy.

She keeps the certificate of deportation framed in her living room.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

US have adopted a Den Hague Invasion Act somewhere in the early 2000s, which gives the president the power to invade Den Hague if the International Criminal Court tries to convict Americans for war crimes etc. Therefore I don't expect them to extradite the guy.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jul 30, 2015,
Quote by Neo Evil11
US have adopted a Den Hague Invasion Act somewhere in the early 2000s, which allows them to invade Den Hague if the International Criminal Court tries to convict Americans for war crimes etc. Therefore I don't expect them to extradite the guy.

It's specifically for members of the American military.

So we can expect the National Guard to have anew dentist next week.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It's specifically for members of the American military.

So we can expect the National Guard to have anew dentist next week.

Any American and citizen of a US allied country.

Not even sure what Bush was thinking (if he does think). Invading a NATO country would spark a US - Europe war.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Any American and citizen of a US allied country.

Not even sure what Bush was thinking (if he does think). Invading a NATO country would spark a US - Europe war.

It specifically refers to 'personnel', not citizens.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It specifically refers to 'personnel', not citizens.

"to protect United States military personnel and other elected and appointed officials of the United States government against criminal prosecution by an international criminal court to which the United States is not party."

officials are not citizens?

Also:
ASPA authorizes the U.S. president to use "all means necessary and appropriate to bring about the release of any U.S. or allied personnel being detained or imprisoned by, on behalf of, or at the request of the International Criminal Court."
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
officials are not citizens?

Perhaps, but a dentist is not an elected or appointed official.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jul 30, 2015,
Quote by Cb4rabid
can anyone explain how hunting has been around for thousands of years and just now people give a shit about it?

maybe when lions were actually a threat to people this may have been excusable
Make him brush his teeth 10 times a day and SEE IF HE KILLS ANOTHER LION BITCH
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Well we definitely shouldn't extradite him to a country led by ****ing Robert Mugabe.

In fact we shouldn't extradite our own, period.

I'd say charge him here, give him a huge fine, maybe a year or two in jail and a lifetime ban from hunting. Since he looks like the kind of guy who's just trying to overcompensate for being a dork anyway.

RIP Cecil poor kitty kat ilu
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Well we definitely shouldn't extradite him to a country led by ****ing Robert Mugabe.

In fact we shouldn't extradite our own, period.

I'd say charge him here, give him a huge fine, maybe a year or two in jail and a lifetime ban from hunting. Since he looks like the kind of guy who's just trying to overcompensate for being a dork anyway.

RIP Cecil poor kitty kat ilu

Those teeth are photoshopped, right? That's some unnatural shit right there.
Send him to Zimbabwe, make sure he gets eaten by lions so the punishment fits the crime
I have nothing important to say
I don't understand why he had to take up hunting as a hobby instead of buying Porsches like all the other dentists. If I were a dentist, that's easily what I would do... a bitchin' Cayman S for weekend track days to drown out the uncanny tendency towards crippling depression and thoughts of ending it all...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't understand why he had to take up hunting as a hobby instead of buying Porsches like all the other dentists. If I were a dentist, that's easily what I would do... a bitchin' Cayman S for weekend track days to drown out the uncanny tendency towards crippling depression and thoughts of ending it all...

Novocaine for the soul, as it were.
im so confused

this is not the first or last guy to hunt lions...and other people are hunting other animals right now AS WE SPEAK and they have been doing it for centuries upon centuries.

so why NOW are people upset about this? with THIS particular man over THIS particular lion? someone please explain because it doesnt make any ****ing sense
pinga
Page 1 of 2